Wednesday, December 06, 2023

WHOOPS, A BIT YELLOW

 Two nights ago I put a blonde dye in my hair.

And it went YELLOW.

Like... oh hell yellow.

Lacy took one look at it and laughed her bloody head off.

So while we were out and about yesterday, I bought a Toner Masque. 


ABOVE:  It said keep it on for 5-10 minutes.  I left it on for 13 minutes.  It didn't make any difference.  So when the girls came over, they put more on, and we left it for another 30 minutes.

I fully expected to have purple hair.

ABOVE:  Nope, no purple hair.  And it's still a bit yellow, but nowhere near as horrible as it was.

I can live with it.

Next time I want to colour my hair, at least I now know what dye to use, and what toner.

And it only cost me $70.  At the salon, my last quote was $310+.  PLUS ... cos they were not sure how much TONER they would need to use.

I can tell ya now, my hair needs HEAPS of toner.

Now I'm set for summer.

Hmmm... I wonder if my hair will go green in the pool?  I don't think I'd like green hair.

I'm off for a walk again this morning, bright and early to beat the heat.  Lake if it's cloudy, or the mall if it's sunny.

It's neat having options that work for us.

ABOVE:  Lacy is loving the lights I gave her.   It makes her place look very festive and happy.  Can you see her two guinea pigs under the table?  Cute.


12.04 pm:   I've been out all morning.
First up, I picked up Lacy and Amanda and we went for our lake walk.
There was some very light drizzle on and off, so a really lovely walk.

ABOVE:  A late brood of baby ducks.

ABOVE:  A lone kayaker on the lake today.  The Gallagher mansion in  the background.
And a plastic wrapped house, it's been wrapped for months now.  I have no idea what's under it, I presume a leaky home.

ABOVE:  I jumped on the Council men's little tractor.  They didn't mind.

After I took the girls home, I went into town to do some more shopping.  
I'm really in the mood for shopping!

ABOVE:  I couldn't resist these two ornaments for our tree.
I visited quite a few shops in town, and I think I've finally plugged all the gaps in my Christmas List.

ABOVE:  Two walks today, totalling 5.98 kms all up.
I stopped the app while I was in the mall, and inside shops, so I probably did a bit more than that too.
The city centre is looking awful.  So many empty shops in the main street.  And vagrants and beggars are so off putting.
I followed one man who obviously sleeps rough, he was yelling at everyone.  Just lots of swear words and nonsense.  Not nice.

The council is talking about doing away with the free two hour parking in town, if they do that I simply will not be going in there any more.  I can do all my shopping at The Base and Chartwell Square.

Now that I'm home, I'm a bit tired.  So will have my lunch then just chill out for a while.
There is nothing that really needs doing right now.
Even those two runners can wait.

Close to TWO HOURS spent this afternoon yakking on the phone to me sister.  So neat that we can just yabber on about nothing much!  lol

While yakking to her, I managed to untangle some Christmas lights. 

A job I usually leave for Stew, as I have absolutely NO PATIENCE for tangled up cords and so on.
I'd rather throw it in the bin and buy a new one!

But anyway, it's done now.  I'm quite proud of myself!

Stew is now home, feet up and just relaxing after a busy day at work.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. WOW! The toner overload REALLY worked! It looks great! Loving the wavy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Use purple shampoo and conditioner for awhile it will continue to tone down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is she going to have baby guinea pigs soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, both are males, I'm not wanting babies xx
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I blonde my own (short) hair, always have. Toner takes a while to kick in, trouble is by the time it has the regrowth has also kicked in. Toni and Guy make a great purple hair mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Also Lacy's house looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annon
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
  6. Love Lacy's home, so cozy and the lights are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjorie 😊
      I absolutely love my Home xx
      #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

      Delete
    2. I am so happy for you.

      Delete
  7. The Gallagher mansion? Is this the same Gallagher who makes farming equipment such as electric fencing reels etc? We are big fans and buyers of their equipment, so much better than anything in North America. We are also devoted fans of Allflex ear tags also from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the home of the Gallagher family, who have that big Agricultural Equipment company.

      Delete
  8. Im sure Christmas lightscare made to tangle, its to prove your dedication, im moving in April lights have to come down again ggggrrr stress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:09 PM

    Love Laceys house
    Love you in the council runaround
    Love love the Xmas ornaments
    Love your blog. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.