Tuesday, June 13, 2023

STEMS AND LEAVES...

 Yesterday I stitched, what I suppose you could say, was the easy bits on the Flower Runner.

All the stems and leaves.

ABOVE:  Now that they are done, I get to move on to the more shitty bits.  All those curves and pointy bits of the flowers.  😔😓

I don't know why I keep choosing to do shitty shapes!  When they are on a large piece like this one, it makes for lots of twisting and turning of the fabric.  

I suppose it's cos once finished, it looks awesome?

ABOVE:  He is the one and only bug on this runner.  He filled a little 'gap'.

So another sewing day dawns.  I don't know if I'll get up to much else today.  Let's just wait and see shall we.


9.50 am:   And I've just been down to our local Medical Centre.  Cos trying to ring them?

Massive JOKE.  You SOMETIMES get through to a bloke who has VERY POOR English language, so he is  impossible to understand.  Let alone get him to forward your call to the clinic.  Ha ha!  Been there, done that and not getting on that merry go round ever again.

So, I drive down to the centre, and there's THREE receptionists, just sitting there.  NOT on the phone.   Does my bloody head in that does.

I need repeats of all my medication.
And going from past experiences at Tui, you need to write down all your information, all the medications you need, and where you want the prescription faxed to.
Failure to do that means they will get it wrong EVERY TIME a cracker.
 
I hope I've crossed off every possibility, and I actually get my medications in a few days.

It was bitterly cold this morning.  I found it incredibly hard to get out of bed.  As for having a morning shower?  NOT gunna happen.  I now have my shower in the afternoon or evening.

I'm now finally in my sewing room, about to start flower stitching.  

ABOVE:  I'm trying something 'new'.
One hand has NO on it, and the other has the number of my next goal.
Visual reminders of what I'm trying to do, and not do.
I think I am eating more cos I'm cold.  So instead of a wrap every day, I'm going to have some nice, hot soup.
AND, only eat when I am feeling REALLY, REALLY HUNGRY.
Not when I'm Cold.
Not when I'm Bored.
Not when I'm Crabby.

12.42 pm: And I've  taken a break from the sewing, and am in Cambridge.  About to join my FBG group for a 5km walk. 
I'm seriously trying to do at least one a week over here.
So far so good.

If I needed any motivation to keep on with my weight loss, this was it:

ABOVE:  Today's walk photo.
When I first started with the FBG's, I was one of the biggest girls there.
Now?  
I'm not.

And that feels SO DAMN GOOD.  
Not that being big is the worst thing that can happen, AND I'd NEVER 'fat shame' anyone.
But for me, where I am now, it feels damn good.

I loved today's walk and talk.  Well let's be honest, I love the talking.  The company.
A few of us went to 'coffee' afterwards.

ABOVE:  We went to Cafe Ophelia in Leamington. 

ABOVE:  It's in an old, converted house.  Very cosy and quiet.  

ABOVE:  I had a Caramel Latte and a Keto Savoury Scone.  The scone was DELICIOUS!
I shall be looking up Keto Scone recipes now.

During our walk, I was yakking with H G, and thanks to her, I had an unexpected shopping trip when I got back into Hamilton.  I will elaborate on that.... tomorrow!  😂😆😉

I went to WW tonight.  Did a 'no weigh', cos I've gone up a bit.  If I hadn't gone, I probably would have thrown in the towel.  But, I reminded myself that all is not lost in a week!
So, I went and I enjoyed the meeting very much.
Two ladies who used to run the WW meeting in Cambridge were there tonight.  So it was a yak-fest.  
They usually go to the Monday night meeting over in Hamilton West, but have now changed to Tuesday nights.  So ya, people to yak with now.  Though in saying that, I'm slowly starting to jel with some of the ladies at this meeting, which is neat.

Home now and OMG it's going to be a cold night, and freezing tomorrow.  Expecting 0 degrees in the morning.   Brrrr.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 AM

    We have been landscaping my daughter’s yard every available moment for weeks.

    It was built last summer/fall, she moved in November, grader did not get in to level the yard until May.

    We built a raised bed in the front and it is now filled/planted. Part of the back is now seeded.

    Taking a small break from her place and catching up on our beds this week.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking amazing 👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 AM

    I need that "no" on my hand. now. Tattooed. maybe even No - Don't. Or something to make me go to sleep straight after dinner when all the damage eating occurs. Great all day and then after dinner snack with a cuppa. Also I went into a kind of furniture superstore - I left my store card at home. There was heaps of store attendants no customers - a week day - hanging round computers. I asked if they could help me. No I have to book a time with my store card online. So basically go home book online to come back later to see the very same people who are just standing there??? They said I could scan with my phone to see if my store card was connected to my phone number. I don't understand that there isn't other options - book in person or book online. They said it connects your discounts to purchase. I am only at the inquiring stage not sure if I am buying. I feel like if this is what will happen moving forward I am too old school to fit in?? and don't get me started on people that have accents or limited English answering the phone as customer help when I have phone problems. But I am my mothers daughter slow to change - she's still using cheques to pay her bills and she don't want to change even thought they are phasing out. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:55 AM

    The runner is looking awesome. I can imagine how tough the pointy bits are. Hang in there because it is a doozy. Ky Girl

    p.s. Sorry about your current food struggles. Recently I found myself eating a meal just because it was Time to eat, but I wasn't even hungry. I was also overfilling my plate to get rid of something I had cooked...I had to tell myself that I am not a garbage disposal and to either save it or dump it. ;-) I can only eat a 6 inch sub, but the last time I picked one up I bought the 12 inch sub and was sick after eating it. I will not do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the online facility at my doctors. You log on, click the repeat you want, say where you want it sent to and it's that easy. I am sure that your doctor will do this to save any mixups or phone calls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous. That photo really shows the size change. Mind you, you were always fabulous 😁😁 Keto scone?? Ye gods and little fishes. They have something like that in a cafe? Kiwis are just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:18 AM

    "You've come a long way, Baby!!" You are doing a great job Chris, we all have setbacks. Just get back on that horse and go-go-go! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. 0 Degrees (32 F) is my dog's favorite temperature. He LOVES to be outside at that temp. Any colder or warmer and he's either too hot or too cold.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.