Tuesday, June 06, 2023

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY DARLING

 Today Stew and I celebrate being married for 36 years.

And together for 37 years and 9 months.

I am so very thankful every day for his love, and my love for him.  We were so blessed to have met each other, and to have found our soulmate.

Darling, I love you so very much.

ABOVE:  Aging like a fine tasty cheese!  Cos let's be honest, we don't drink wine.  😃😂

ABOVE:  I love doing these comparison photos!

 

ABOVE:  Bex just finished making some shorts for our Froggy.  He's looking a bit warmer now.


I had thought of going out to dinner this evening to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, but we went out last night.  So maybe not. 

I might, or might not go to Weight Watchers, depends how I feel.  It's so damn cold in the hall where the meeting is.  It's off putting.  And yeah, I was a pig last night.

I'm going to work on the freakin' fish cushions again today.  I might even get all the stitching done... that would be awesome.

Then I need to make a 'dummy' cover, to get the sizing right for the cushions.  Luckily I have plenty of fabric not suitable for much to do that with.


12.40pm:  And I've just finished all the stitching for the cushions.  Now on to the next step.
I was going to put zips along the bottom, but damned if I can get them to look good, so on to plan B. 
Which means I have to go to Spotlight for some buttons.  *sigh*

I'm feeling crabby as because I couldn't get the zips right.  I'm just not good with zips.
YES, I can do them in the zippered bags and pouches, so I don't get why I can't get them right on a cushion?   Grrrrrr.

Actually, I will look at some YouTube tutorials!

I've decided, rather than stuff it up, I'm doing an overlap with buttons on the fish cushions.  I just can't get the zip looking perfect.
I'll go out tomorrow for the buttons, and finish the cushions then.

Stew is home from work and having his dinner, and we are just going to watch tv etc till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.
Thank You for all the Anniversary wishes.


FROM



24 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:00 AM

    Happy Anniversary Team Harvey GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:08 AM

    I think all quilters/crafters end up with excess fabric that they cannot use for other things.

    Fabulous to use it for pattern purposes or liner purposes rather than buy new muslin.

    I made a lot of aprons a couple years ago to use up most of mine.

    It was an oriental style (full front, slips over head) that somehow the 20 somethings and 30 somethings LIKED.

    It took 2 yards for apron and another two yards for lining. I used piping to make the edges fabulous and easy.

    I used up a lot of fabric!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Congrats!

    Our marriage numbers are very similar.
    Been together since 1982 (41 years)
    married in 1986 (37 years).

    Kids numbers are a bit different.
    Kids are 33, 29, 25.

    Vickie

    PS - love the frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:09 AM

      Mine are slightly more
      Been together since 1979
      Married in 1985
      Kids in 1989 and 1993
      And they said it wouldn’t last 😂
      Dee

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:55 AM

    Congratulations to you both on your 36th Wedding Anniversary and love the photos of you both on your wedding day and now.🙂 (Wendy in the UK)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:20 AM

    Happy Anniversary Chris and Stew, you have such a special love for each other, I have sent you a song by one of my favourites country artists, it makes me think of my relationship with my husband, 51 years this year. Have a wonderful day. Maggie Melbourne Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Congratulations on 36 years of marriage. You both have aged really well! I've said this before but I'll repeat that you were a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Happy Anniversary!! You both are doing great and may you have many more happy years together! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:17 AM

    congratulations, guys. Well done xx. Chris, you should wear your hair like that again. It suits you. xo Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! My 30th is this Wednesday. Time flies! Hope you both have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Happy Anniversary - we are the same twinning 36 years this year in July. Boy Stew looks like both Dante and Archer in the wedding photo. Froggy is so cute clever Bex. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you both 💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:04 PM

    I do not put zippers in the seam on pillow covers.

    I put them in the middle of the back, with an overlapping placket to hide the zipper.

    This makes it simpler, putting zipper in first, then sewing front and back of pillow together.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:36 PM

    59th Anniversary today for us - wanted Chinese takeaways to celebrate but a lot of restaurants/takeaways are closed until tonight so we are having fish and chips, potato fritters and pineapple fritters for lunch. Chris (my husband) likes that better anyway so he is happy, lol. Audrey, Rotorua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Happy Anniversary to you too.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous1:36 PM

    BTW, forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you both, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! You both are so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary to you and Stew. Wishing you both many more happy years ahead 🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary you two love the photos x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kiwionholidays9:32 PM

    Late I’m sorry but 💐💐💐💐❤️❤️❤️💐💐💐💐💐

    Happy Anniversary

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very happy anniversary to you and Stew. Lovely lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous4:42 AM

    Congrats on you and Stew's 36th wedding anniversary! Love the photos. Hoping for many more happy years for you two. Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Leeann4:39 PM

    Just catching up a few days of your blog. Congrats on your wedding anniversary, and Chris you are looking great. All your hard work is paying off. So good for your health too. Hope you are proud of yourself, because you should be!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.