Thursday, June 08, 2023

SLIGHTLY LARGER

 Right.  Today I'm going to work on making my first 'over the shoulder' bag.

Using larger snap closers.

I've got two on order, so they will hopefully get done today.

Plus a little 'manly' coin purse.

Once those three things are done, my orders will be finished.

After they are done, I would like to start a flower runner, similar to the one I showed you yesterday.

But my spin on it of course.

ABOVE:  Brrrrr, it is damn cold this morning.  I am going to ask Stew to turn the heating on before he leaves for work, so it won't be freezing when I get up.

Which won't be for a while yet.  


I finished the first shoulder bag.  I'm not happy with how the strap works.  So might have to do some unpicking and adjustments.

Right now I'm doing this:  

ABOVE:  Making a start on that 'flower runner'.  Cos when I make a stuff up (the strap), I need to walk away from it for a while.  It helps my stress levels calm down.
And the crabbiness.
OH THE CRABBINESS.  It's a real thing.  😂😅😉

ABOVE:  It's coming along.... but there's masses to do yet.
It's going to be a very large runner.  Probably end up being my most expensive one too.   So many of those fabrics were $32 a metre, or more!

4.35 pm:   Crickey what an afternoon.  It was just so nice after lunch, I decided to sit out in the sun in shorts and singlet.  Soooo lovely.
Then Bex and the boys stopped in to give me more snap closers.

I then went back into the sewing room to work on the flower runner.  DANG!  No white fabric.
So off I went to Spotlight, at the worst time of the day!

Every man and his dog was out on the roads.
So it took way longer than anticipated.  I just got home ... it took me almost an hour.

At least I can start working on that runner again,  first thing tomorrow morning.

The dogs have been itching like CRAZY, and I really think it is some sort of seasonal allergy.  BUT just to cover the bases, I bought some Frontline while out.

Let's see if that helps.  Probably not knowing my luck.

Stew went down to his local to have a few beers with his mates this evening.   I decided to join him once his mates had left, for a burger and chips for our dinner.

ABOVE:  It was a very nice burger, just like a home made one.  And the people who run the pub are lovely too.
We have decided to probably make it a regular 'thing' on a Thursday, or every second Thursday.

Now that we are home, the heater is on, so is the blankie, and my hot water bottle is heating up too.

This house is COLD.  While it's not an old home, it does not have double glazing, and yeah, that makes a huge difference.

Retrospective double glazing is horribly expensive, so we won't be doing that sadly.
At least, not in the short term.  Might be something to consider in a few years time.

Getting older means you do feel the cold more, I'm sure of it.  Like me Mum, I hate being cold more than anything else.  

Right, time to stop waffling and do something else.  Like feet up, telly on.  Then later, bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.


FROM...


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:25 AM

    If he turns it on for an hour or so, every cold morning, will it warm up the house and hold the heat most of the day?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking away usually stops the attack with scissors...wonder if it gets cold enough for your tips to fall off that be a bonus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:13 PM

    This one might be one to keep, then, so you can admire it every day. Colleen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, if I kept every one that I loved, I'd have one for each day of the year!!!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:03 PM

    Pretty colours 😍 quiet day work wise thank goodness!! Off to see Sue Nicholson tonight with a girlfriend she's touring the country should be interesting GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Nice Kaffe fabrics, they aren’t cheap are they ? I have picked a few scraps up on a fb Destash group
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Kaffe Fassett fabrics!

      Delete
  6. We don't have double glazing but our home is never cold. Could it be the exposure from the sunroom which is open to the kitchen? Is there any way to close that off in cooler weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can totally shut it off from the rest of the house by closing the sliding door from the family room and our bedroom. Remember, it was an external deck way back in the day, so is not a part of the internal home.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Did you say it was the sunroom floor that was the main issue? That sounds easier to fix. Do you have easy access to get under it?
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we can, but it is 80% covered in rugs already. We can shut the sunroom off from the rest of the house just by shutting the sliding doors.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:46 AM

    I wonder if the itchy pups are from dry skin? Winter tends to dry the skin out a lot (cold, heaters on, etc). You could try adding some oily fish (like tune in brine) into their meals? worth a try, if they'll eat it. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they will eat just about anything! Worth trying for sure.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.