Friday, June 23, 2023

MIGHT BE .....

 SEWING!

Yep, another day of sewing those Braid Runners.

I can't imagine ever getting sick of making them.

Gosh I do hope they sell once I get them to market!   Imagine having 6 or more of them, and they don't sell!  That would suck.

But let's be positive eh?  They are just so gorgeous, I can't see them hanging around for long.

Every time I look at them, I can't believe I made them to be honest!  They are so stunning, and I really, really love them.

I wonder how many times I've said that???  😂😅😊

I'm really sorry the blog has gotten so boring... you can't be that interested in seeing runner after runner... but well... sucks to be you!

It's what I am doing right now, and you just have to bear with me.

The weather is atrocious, so no point going walking, though I could go to the mall I suppose. 

Maybe I'll do that this morning, before heading into the sewing room?

We... will... see.

It's FRIDAY! Yaaa, tomorrow we go to Auckland.


9.30 am:  nah, not going walking.  I'm not sleeping well and am waking up as if I've not even gone to bed!  Grrrr.

Patchy skies today, could rain, might not too.  But for sure, it's cold.

ABOVE:   I ALMOST saw a puddy cat  COLLAR BONE today!  I say almost, cos it was fleeting.
But one day before the end of this year, I am GUNNA see me collar bones again.  I am so motivated to be the best I can be by next summer.

Moving on... let's make another Braid Runner OK?

1.25 pm:  I've done a lot of the main work on the 4th Braid Runner, but am going to stop for a break.  My back is killing me, which only happens when I sew for days on end.
Luckily, tomorrow I will not even be home, so can actually take a long break.
Then on Sunday we have family visiting, so in effect, I will have two days 'off'.

I hope to finish this runner by end of day, then it can go in the 'market stash'.

ABOVE: And there ya have it, the last one for a couple of days at least.
That's 4 in 5 days?  Yep, just checked.  That's good going if ya ask me.

And yep, must be bloody boring!  No one has commented since lunch time.  Oh well.... I'm sure you had better things to do that tell me to hurry up and show my next runner, right?  Yeah.

Stew should be home from work shortly, then I am going to cook him some dinner before snuggling down for a quiet night in front of the telly... as per usual.

So, I will sign off for the day now.  
Catch ya tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    We've had that much rain it's now bloody ridiculous 🙄 roads closed flooding in areas that were hammered by Gabrielle 🥺 Parents 67th Wedding Anniversary today bless 🙌 🙏 out to lunch with girlfriends I haven't seen in about 4 months could be big 🍻🍺 GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to be me. Bring on all your gorgeous quilting. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I love seeing your beautiful creations. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collar bones are exciting! So are ribs. I was on a great diet/exercise kick 1.5 years ago. Then broke my arm and it all came to a screeching halt. I Do remember when I felt a rib though! woo hoo! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIBS? What are those things? I'm sure I don't have any. It's just the fat holding my torso together!!!

      Delete
  6. I can see a collar bone there and your face is definitely slimmer. If you want to mix the braids up a bit maybe try Lynda's monochrome idea but put bright colours where the black goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I notice your hair colour is looking really good. I know you weren't happy with the colour originally but it certainly seems to have settled into a nice blonde now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. It's the lighting and masses of purple conditioner.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Very pretty.

    All your recent work lead me to find a Broken Herringbone (www.violetcraft.com) quilt pattern online and order it.

    I rarely work off a pattern, but this one I am curious to see how they handle the bias and if there is a trick/technique to the whole thing. So I ordered a hardcopy of the pattern (clearance price) from another site and it is being mailed to me.

    I went to my local quilt shop to look at fabric. Which also rarely happens any more. I just do not sew much these days.

    Very nice clerk who immediately understood what I “saw” *helped me line up bolts to photograph.

    *I had just gotten cortisone shot in each thumb and my hands were very sore, I could not pick up bolts, so her help was vital. Plus she had a good eye.

    I told her I was not buying anything that day, but looking and seeing how the fabrics look/photograph melded together. Good thing because the photographs showed me I needed a consistent amount of white in the prints to get the look I want. White background is not usual choice for me.

    I also want the quilt to have a lot of colors so the quilt can go in any room. This is a bed quilt, for my DIL’s birthday, intended to go in one of their guest rooms. When I was there in April, paint swatches were on the walls in almost every room, they were getting ready to paint. They live very far from me (plane ride far).

    Long ago I taught quilting locally, had a line of patterns which sold nationally (USA), and have made a lot of quilts in my time.

    I have to say it is very fun (now) to take my time and plan. This one will be a double bed size, going on a vintage (metal headboard and footboard) bed.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I inspired someone! That pattern looks lovely too.

      Delete
  9. Those runners are stunning, however I think the best one was with the narrow border..

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.