Sunday, June 04, 2023

DUMP RUN

 It is SO hard to get out of bed when it's freezing cold!

I hate it.

I put it off as long as I possibly can.

My mission is to get Stew up and moving so he can get over to Steve's and pick up all their rubbish, and take it to the dump.

We've got tree cuttings in our trailer, and Steve has similar stuff to dump as well.  

I'm going to stay in bed as long as humanly possible really.  Then I'll get up and go make those fish come alive on the cushion covers.

ABOVE:  Our winter veges are not doing much growing sadly.  


ABOVE:  Stew did a good job of water blasting the side path yesterday.  We had GRASS growing out of the roof guttering in places too!

Outrageous.   He got rid of that too.


ABOVE: This rhubarb plant did a massive droop when put in the pot... but it seems to have perked up a bit.  Maybe that pot isn't big enough?

We'll see how it goes.


ABOVE:  I had to move the plants from in front of the windows.  The big one in the blue pot was not happy in the full sun.  That plant is very temperamental.

Right, enough waffle... I'm gunna snuggle up in bed and see if I can catch a few more Zzzz's.


1.47 pm:  That's very interesting about the potting mix.  I bet we have shit potting mix!
Cheap and nasty from Mitre 10.  I will try adding some good mix or a fertiliser to ours soon.

Stew did the dump run, got stung like a bee with dump fees.  Warning, don't take sopping wet foliage to the dump, every drop of water is a dollar!  Literally.

While he was doing that, I worked on these:

ABOVE: I stared putting seaweed and bubbles on the left one... and decided to take a lunch break.
Now I don't feel like going back to it.

So, I'm watching YouTube/TV etc in the family room with Stew.
I think we will both just enjoy a quiet afternoon, keeping warm.
It's actually warmer OUTSIDE now than inside our house!
I've got me blankie and hot water bottles on, so I'm happy as Larry.

I will turn our heat pump on soon, to make the house warm for the evening.

Steve and Bex are here.  We were discussing our winter veges not growing.
His comment:

"Maybe they don't identify as winter vegetables, maybe they are bi-seasonal vegetables?"

I will leave that there.

Steve is in me kitchen, cooking our dinner. Neat eh?

ABOVE:  Bacon Carbonara from scratch!  Delicious.  Thanks so much Steve, so nice to have dinner cooked for us.

And on that note, I'm signing off for the day.
It's been a really nice day, helped by such a nice visit from the kids.


FROM...


14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 AM

    What is the temperature when you write 'freezing cold'? Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all know I'm a sook right ? Its around 6 degrees C right now. Thats FREEZING to me. 🤣😅😊

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:19 AM

      That is in the range of my favorite walking temperature. As long as I have a warm hat, I am toasty.

      My son grew up in our climate where it gets COLD in winter. And he was like a polar bear, never cold. He moved to a moderate climate, like yours, and now gets cold so easily.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:41 AM

    It's 3 degrees here but going to be a cracker of a day. Off to an open home at lunchtime with a girlfriend. Guy's son is looking for a property here little shit this will be his 3rd house at 25!!! He works hard though so can begrudge that GM 💙💙 PS - Lamb Shanks tonight 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Hey Chris, was listening to a gardening program on radio yesterday and chap came on who did research on potting mix and how crap some of it is. He has a Facebook page, Tims Garden Centre Campbelltown. He planted seedlings in 8 different bags and how some of them did no good at all. People blame themselves for not having luck but he said it’s often the potting mix that is 💩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:06 PM

      Have you seen the photos from the experiment? I know why my tomatoes didn’t do well this year 🙄
      Dee

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:20 PM

      Yep. Check out his Facebook page as above, he has all the bags lined up. Some doing very well, others rubbish. Marie

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:08 AM

    If that was my rhubarb plant I would cut off the 3 biggest leaves that look droopy, pockmarked and sad. Then the other healthier leaves can get all of the nutrients and not the bad ones. Just my opinion. ;-) Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhubarb is very hungry so maybe some fertilizer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny1:00 PM

    Chris, I love your hair which ever way, but out does soften your face, and suits you, and is not mutton dressed as lamb! Anyone who says that to you is being petty and ridiculous. The curls look lovely, but your hair straight also looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our green waste is by volume not weight so it doesn’t matter about the weight. Is there somewhere like that where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve you are a nut case but very probably right

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda9:02 PM

    Wow that meal looks delicious. Well done Steve. I have never made pasta from scratch, sauces yes but not the pasta. Amazing 👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:57 AM

    I love the quilting on the fish pillows and can't wait to see them done. And Steve cooked what looks like a lovely dinner...send it to me! Haha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.