Friday, June 16, 2023

OVER THE SHOULDER BAG AND COIN PURSE

 Todays job is to make a shoulder bag and a coin purse for my girlfriends down in Palmerston North.

I should get them finished and posted off to them on Monday.

I also need to double check my 'float' for tomorrow's market.  I'm pretty sure I've dipped into it a couple of times since the last market!

ABOVE:  These are the fabrics I will be using today.

If I get a chance I will make a couple more coin purses for tomorrow as well.

I saw a gorgeous Table Runner on Facebook yesterday (Quilters group).  So I asked where could I get the Pattern?

And a friend of mine said she had made it, and could photocopy the pattern for me.  As that's a breach of copyright... she's GIVING me the pattern OK?  (Gosh you have to be so careful what you put on social media now days!)

ABOVE: This is the Runner.  It has been made using Kaffe Fassett fabrics... of which I have quite a few after my shopping trip yesterday! 😂😊

I will give it a go next week sometime.  I like that you can make it as short or as long as you want.

You never know who might want a more 'traditional' Runner  eh?

I might go for another walk today, depends what's on offer in Cambridge.

Just checked.  Only one walk on over there today, at 7 am.  Fook that.  Traffic will be diabolical cos of Fieldays again.  Yeah, NAH.

Might have to take one on me own here in Hamilton.

I heard from the Waipa District Council about the playground swing. They have referred my concerns to the appropriate 'Team' to be investigated.  I will email them in a month or two to find out what, if anything, has been done to make that swing safer.


And the saga of Tui Medical Centre continues.
I went in there with a very clear and concise list of all the medications I needed and take all the time.
They sent the 'script to The Chemist Warehouse.
I go to The Chemist Warehouse.
They hand me my medications.
HOLD ON.

One of the medications is missing, and there is one in there that I haven't taken in over 6 years!
WTF?

Off I trot to Tui Medical Centre to sort it out.
25 minutes later, the nurse tells me I will have to see the Dr, as the missing medication was not on their  'Long Term Medication' List for me.

Ummm, excuse me, I've been taking that particular medication for oh... 30+ years!
And the one that I no longer take was last prescribed over 6 years ago.  How can you say you only gave me my 'Long Term Medications', and give me something I'd not had in over 6 years, and miss the one I have been on for over 30 years?
That does not make sense at all.

So... now I have to wait two bloody weeks to see the doctor.  FFS.

I am proud to say I did not lose my shit at ANYONE.  I might take it up with my doctor when I see him though.  

In all, I have had a good morning so far.  I visited the supermarket for a few supplies for Saturday night.  Got family coming over to watch the rugby with Stew, and have dinner here.  Just keeping dinner simple as we will have been at Market all day.

I got me float sorted out as well, so have enough cash on hand now.

And now... I am going into the sewing room to do some work.

ABOVE:  It's 3.47 pm and I'm making good progress on the things I wanted to get done today.
I just have to knit the top bit for the FBG Bag and stitch it on, and I'm done.

Then I will get everything out and ready for packing into the car for tomorrow's market.

AMAZINGLY, it hasn't started raining.  YET.
I have this horrible feeling it's gunna wait until 6 am tomorrow, and start pissing down.  

Nothing we can do about the weather though, right?  It will be how it will be.

There were a few spits of rain as we were packing the car tonight.  I thought ... "Here we go".  But then we watched the weather forecast for tomorrow on the News, it looks like we might be lucky, and miss the rain!!!

OMG I hope so.  I just HATE wet market days.  They are miserable.

Stew is watching sport in the lounge, and I'm here in the family room knitting a bag top.  I'm feeling cold, so will heat up me hot pods, grab a blankie and get comfy.

Fucks sake!!!  Watching 7 Sharp, a news programme, and they are talking about POOS.  How you should position yourself for a 'successful poo', what ya poo should look like etc.  WTF?  Who wants all that 'information' thrown at you over dinner time?

I think they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel for content if they have to resort to that sort of SHIT.

And on that note, I'm off to get warmed up... and comfy for the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.


FROM...


10 comments:

  1. Lovely runner! My friend and I share every pattern we buy. I understand copying a pattern and selling it, but not just lending or sharing. You wouldn’t go and buy a whole recipe book because you wanted one cake recipe, you’d take a copy, it’s the same thing. Some people worry too much! Can’t wait to see your take on that pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a runner that Sue W. made. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, you are 100% correct! It is gorgeous eh?

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    That is shoddy record keeping in regards to the medicine and you should discuss it with the doctor as you say. That's dangerous, too many bad scenarios are running through my head if someone got a wrong med. Good luck at the market tomorrow! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Good job not losing your shit, you would have been well within your rights, I reckon! So much room for disaster...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:06 PM

    The FBG little bag is awesome. The colours really make it pop. Your flower runner also turned out stunning. My mum quilts and she would make "quilts" that you would put over the top of your couch to provide a pop of colour on the front and back (if visible). I'm probably describing that terribly, but it's like a permanent throw. The flower design reminded me of those. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you are talking about in relation to the couch! All my runners get put on the back of the couch to view for an hour or two, before being put away.

      Delete
  6. Gee the Dr and chemist are not doing their job very well for you Chris. Love the fruity Ladies fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't the chemist's fault, they just filled the prescription as per what they were given by the Dr. Totally the Doctor's fault.

      Delete
  7. Kiwionholidays9:52 PM

    Quick catchup to say “Love your work”
    I’m sure it will all sell like hotcakes tomorrow,
    Well Crusaders won tonight yay so tomorrow we’ll be with you all in watching and going for a Chiefs win as well .

    Have a fab day tomorrow all of you

    Cheers 🥂


    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.