Tuesday, June 20, 2023

KAFFE FASSET RUNNER

 There is no way I'm staying in bed for long this morning.

My mission today is to make my first Kaffe Fassett Runner, using the pattern I did a dummy run with yesterday.

ABOVE:  These are today's fabrics.  So pretty.

Gosh I hope this runner turns out lovely.

And if I enjoy doing this pattern again today, I think I will be doing a few more with Christmas fabrics.

Who knows, I might even turn into a 'proper' quilter, doing 'normal' runners!

NAH... I love doing my Wonky Houses, Fish, Kiwiana Runners and so on.  But some 'normal' ones might slip in there now and then.

ABOVE:  My preparation from last night.  All cut out and labelled so I don't get muddled up.


Now... obviously, I won't be back on here until I've got some progress to show, or something happens worth yakking about.

Catch ya later.


11 am:   
OMG!  This Kaffe Fassett Runner is going to be STUNNING!!!!
I can't wait to show you.

I popped over to our new neighbour's home to introduce myself... being neighbourly ya know?
I knock on the door and this young girl (approx. 20 - 24) answered the door.
She was brushing her teeth!

Yep.  At the front door, toothbrush in her gob, toothpaste frothing from her lips.  And she answered the door.
I had to laugh.
I've done worse.

Anyway, she was the partner of one of the boys who lives there.  The Mum was out.
I hope when I met her she's not brushing her teeth!  As if.  Right?

Right, back to it...



ABOVE:  2.25 pm... and it's done.  And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
And I will be making more of them.
The next one will have more pinks in it I think.

Brylee called in to pick up her mail, so we had a nice catch up.  She starts a new job next Monday.
Finally!  
Dislocating her shoulder again certainly put that back a bit.  But at the end of the day, she's finally got a PERMANENT, FULL TIME job.
We are so happy for her.

Stew and I just had dinner at our local Indian restaurant.  I had a platter of bits of meat and it was delicious.  Stew ate the bits I couldn't fit in.
He had Chicken Tikka Masala.

Home now and OMG it's cold!  Even our Marley is shivering. Poor girl.
At least I can put me heat pods on my lap and a blanket.  

And well... that's me day done.

OH!  I gained .700 grams at tonight's weigh in.  Not too bad, will do better next week.


FROM...


9 comments:

  1. That's gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the runner will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:02 PM

    The runner is beautiful! But I'm sure you mean it's 149 cm and 49cm, right? :) Can't wait to see the next one with more pink in it too. The black really makes it stand out! Nice! xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeo that is what I mean! How do you write 1 metre and 49 cm? 1.49 m ?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:24 PM

      Either 1.49 m or just 149 cm. Hahaha, sorry darl, couldn't resist xx Colleen

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Those fabrics are so popular for their vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Very pretty. The colors blend well, very cohesive. I can see why you like that fabric line.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is done I sent the email through! In the process inadvertently sent it to the people whom I’m housesitting for and my boss will see it too miss technology I’m not always say it and own my mistakes Cept this time it’s a doozy! 🤦‍♀️ I’m telling everyone just phone calls please from here on in no texts no FB messenger etc etc no emails please as it’s a work phone she can uplift it at any time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:52 AM

    That runner is lovely and you have blended the different pattern colours so well to tie in with each other - but isn't it hard to line up all the points perfectly??? - because you certainly have done that brilliantly. I can see why you would want to keep it - I particularly love the material used on the outer most edge - gorgeous little flowers - but you have selected very complimentary colour panels to tie in with it. It's a relief for Brylee and you guys knowing she's got a permanent job. Speaking of interesting neighbours - I have one who is always a bit weird. I said to him yesterday oh its a bit icy cold the weather - he said - "its winter you know" Sometimes his dog gets out while I am watering the garden and he has to chase after it with a piece of cheddar cheese. You know the square one that comes in plastic. So he's running down the street waving the cheese slice. Then he will say oh the dog's running away because you distracted him - being outside. Yeah right. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.