Sunday, October 09, 2022

ZOO ZOO

 Last night on the tv was a programme about the revamped Auckland Zoo.



The last time we were there is was the most miserable, dismal place ever.  There were a lot of closed down areas, and a lot of construction going on.

Now I know why.  It's been upgraded, and it looked really cool on the tv last night.

So guess where we are going today?

Yeah. The Zoo.

Probably just Stew and I, unless we hear from others who might want to join us.

It is going to be very interesting to see the changes, that's for sure.  I had vowed to never go there again after our last visit, I was that disappointed in the place.

That means you are gunna see animals (and tough if ya don't want to!).  And fancy enclosures (I hope)... so hang in there.  I will be back!  😂😉😊

...

8.37 am:  And just like that, we are now NOT going up to Auckland.
I got out of bed and immediately got a blood nose and felt like shit.
I am just not feeling 100% at all, so a trip up to Auckland and walking around the zoo is not a good idea at all.

AND as someone pointed out, it's the middle of the school holidays.  It's gunna be crazy busy there.  So, we will wait until a nice quiet day and go then.

Now we really do have no plans!

ABOVE:  11 am we ended up at The Base, had a wander around, noted the beefed up security after the smash 'n' grab at Michael Hill Jewellers, then went to The Foundation for an early lunch.
We had their seafood chowder, as it's a cold day.  Something nice and warm was just the ticket.

Home now and we are just going to laze away the day.  I think I'll have a nap!  Still feeling quite dopey... headache and just blah.

I finally felt well enough to do a little sewing late this afternoon.  So I worked on Reindeer Runner #5.  It took me two hours to do the fence!!!
I will show you it tomorrow.  It might even get finished tomorrow.

Stew and I had leftovers for dinner, so no cooking involved, which was neat.

Now it's just keep warm and go to bed after watching some tv.  Nothing exciting!

Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I agree, last time we took the boys it was awful. I realised they were doing lots of renovating but we hardly saw any animals! It will be interesting to see what you think now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sio & I drive past the zoo yesterday and said we needed to go because it had been such a long time. Be warned, it was crazy busy due to school holidays and also a nice day. Parking looked hard to get 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Ohhhh sheesh what's with the blood nose? Please rest up GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno ... got bleeding in me mouth too. Bit weird. Might see Dr if it continues.

      Delete
  4. Plans change quick as a blink school holidays ick good idea to plan for another day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer to hear that you aren't feeling good. But, might as well take some kiddos along with you whenever you do go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Geez get well Chris. I've had to come home from Symposium because my vestibular migraine has struck again. couldn't walk a straight line to save myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Karen.. you were really looking forward to that too.

      Delete
  7. We know how much you love going to the doctor but a little check up might not be a bad thing. Bummer about the zoo but better than battling screaming hordes of ankle biters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a few nose bleeds lately - not sure if it is weather related or some other reason. I hope you've felt better as the day progresses. The zoo looks interesting - will look back to your review when you reschedule a visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of people
    I know have been to the Zoo and have raved about it

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.