Friday, October 14, 2022

NUMBER SEVEN...

 

ABOVE:  Number seven Reindeer Runner is almost finished.  A few stars and a border and he will be done.

Then I might just do some retrospective work on Number 1 and 2... cos they now look a bit simple.

ABOVE:  Look at our lettuces!  Time to start using them... and time to buy more baby plants.

ABOVE:  We have lots of these. What are they?


ABOVE: This side garden has grown so much since we moved here.  I'm really proud of it, we put quite a few new plants in it, and they have all gone nuts.


ABOVE:  We did not put this Peace Lily in the garden,  it was already here.  I've not seen it flower until this year... and would you believe it's another variegated plant?  Rather interesting.

Right, time to get a move on.  Things to do... places to go.  Got a Runner to post off to Wellington.


BTW:  I'm going to go and buy that desk from Harvey Normans!  Call it an early birthday present to myself.


ABOVE:  I got the desk!  They had ONE in the warehouse, so I didn't even have to wait for one from Auckland.
It was $399, but I got it on sale for $299.  I came away very happy.
It now sits in me car, cos it's too heavy for me to move and I don't want to risk breaking the glass top.

But I am rather excited to get it in place and organise my new desk.  

I posted two Reindeer Runners off this morning as well, so I only have two more to deliver next week.

When I got home I immediately started finishing off the 7th Runner.  But made a major boo boo and had to do A LOT of unpicking/reverse stitching.  Grrrrr. 

I have lost about an hour's sewing time, and there will be more lost later on today as Brian the Sewing Machine repair man is calling in to finally fix the ongoing problem with Mc Dreamy.

He said it won't take long, which is good cos I have to get this runner finished for tomorrow's market!

Murphy's Law:  It won't even sell tomorrow!  But never mind.  

Brian arrived to do the necessary repair to me sewing machine.  He talks.  A lot.  Hmmm, so do I.  It took a good hour out of me day.  
BACK TO IT...

ABOVE:  He's done.  Now I can relax... might even have some lunch.... yikes!  It's 3.40 pm.
What do you call it when it's closer to dinner than lunch?  

Forget food.... I moved on to adding some stuff to Reindeer Runner # 1.  He looked so BARE compared to my later ones.

ABOVE:  I'm much happier with him now.  What do you think?

Now, if I have time, I might tinker with #2 as well.  

ABOVE:  DONE.  He pops now.

Dinner time, Stew just got home, so time to stop.

8.30 pm:  Dinner is over.  The car is packed for tomorrow.  And I'm so tired I'm going to bed VERY, VERY EARLY.
We have a busy day tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Love number 7 runner. Your garden is looking wonderful Chris. Those flowers are Clivias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Your garden is beautiful. How long did it take for the lettuces to grow, do you have any other vegetables growing? Magpie, Melbourne Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 AM

    That desk has your name on it!! Your garden areas look so nice, I love seeing your spring flowers. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured that desk was not going to be left at the store.
    Your garden is lovely !
    The reindeer in the bath is funny. Add a drop of water or two coming out of the faucet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! I knew there was a shower in those runners somewhere! The table was meant to be in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Yes they are Clivias. Yay you got the desk! I reckon lunch close to dinner should be called lunner lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Omg - that very last runner was just crying out for that bush! Job well done! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Runners are all looking good. Love the one in the bath tub. Flowers and lettuce, oh! how I envy you, Spring and I am putting my garden to bed for Winter.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.