Sunday, October 23, 2022

CAN I DO IT?

 I really, really want to do NOTHING today!

The sewing room door is going to stay closed.

I will make sure everything is ready for market tomorrow... but I already think it is.  But best to double check.

And that's about it.

We have a busy day tomorrow (Market), and Tuesday as well.  Stew and I are going to the Auckland Zoo.  So today we really do need to just chill out.

Stew did a wonderful job in the garden yesterday, our gardens are looking fantastic!



ABOVE:  I'm so glad I'm a shutter bug!  I can do lots of comparison collages of our home, from when we first moved in till now.

We have done so much to declutter the yard, and bring some order to it.  It was just a jungle when we moved in.  A small jungle to be fair, but still just a mess.

Now, with all our hard work, it's looking so gorgeous.  And I do mean all our hard work, because many hands have made it as it is now.

Thank goodness for family.  I won't name those who have helped us, you know who you are.

ABOVE:  Taken in December 2019, a man admitting defeat.  The rock won.

ABOVE: And for a while, the boys loved climbing on it.  It's a beautiful rock, I'm glad it got to stay.

I do believe we will go out somewhere nice for our lunch today.  Just not sure where yet.

OH and lastly for now:

ABOVE:  I got these two 'Hanging Cat' runners made yesterday.  Not bad for a day's work.


I stayed in bed until 9 am, then I just had to get up.  I got the market stuff sorted, tidied up the sewing room again (Yes, I went in there!), watered all the pots outside and inside, put the syphon hoses into the pool to drain the water off the cover, and I think that's all.

We are going to Taco Bell for lunch.  Then who knows what we will do next?

If yesterday was any indication, it will be quiet on here, so have a lovely day!

Never leave booking a motel until the last minute!  Whoops, exactly what I did.  Stew and I are going to Taupo on Friday and yeah, I just managed to secure a room for Friday night in Taupo.  Lucky.  

4.10 pm:  And for once I actually put my phone on MUTE before having a nap!  And it worked.  I got a nice little nap with no interruptions.  Oh ... when you are old and have a big lunch, all you wanna do afterwards is take a nap!  😅😆
Then ya wake up feeling like utter shit.
So why do it?  Cos you never learn.

I shall now wait until the current programme Stew is watching is over, then we will go and load up the car, ready for tomorrow's market.

5.30 pm:  And that's done, all ready for tomorrow.  We are taking a bit more tomorrow as we have a bigger site, so it took quite a bit of juggling to get everything in the car, but Stew did it.  

Now... it's cracker time I reckon.  Or chocolate.

ABOVE:  How about chips 'n' dip?  Before that we  had some toast with jam and cream.
OMG such a weird 'dinner' tonight.

9 pm:  time to head off to bed, we have an early start tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. It's great to look back and see how gardens change. Yours is looking fabulous and I am so glad the rock won. It is a very handsome rock. Enjoy your quiet day (says she with tears of laughter running down her face)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking awesome.
    Love the comparison pics 📸

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comparison photos are so cool ... have a happy day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the then and now photos of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so organized with all of your photos and dates you lived here and there. Truly ompressed. That is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Garden is looking lovely, and the cat wall hangings are great!! Hope you enjoyed Doc Martin, it's filmed near here and has done so much to generate income for the area with people visiting to see all the locations :)
    Tracy, Cornwall, UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:20 PM

      Oops - they aren't wall hangings hahaha......they're 'hanging cat' runners!! That's cos in my head I'd hang one on the wall so misread it :D

      Delete
  7. I love the comparison photos . It really shows the hard work you All did. Hope Taco Bell was it's usual delicious self
    Sell like hell at the market.
    And get ready to relax on Tuesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck at Market today. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.