Monday, October 17, 2022

MONDAY.... A GOOD DAY

 I thought I would have heaps to do this morning... sorting out the market stock into new boxes etc.

But I got most of it done late yesterday, so today I shall be doing my usual housework then sewing.

Monday is my 'do the washing' day, and there's quite a bit to be doing.  So that's top of the list.

Then I'm going into the sewing room to make some more runners.  Like I need more?

Not really, but what else am I gunna do with my time?

And I am still really enjoying the Reindeer Runners.

I'm making the next one with a tree.

ABOVE:  SPARKINGMERLOT... thank you for suggesting I stuff the Zippered Pouches with brown paper to help hold their shape in transit.

As I don't have any brown paper, I used soft wadding.  Works a treat!  BOOM, sorted.


ABOVE:  I have printed out new signs to have at market.  Some people have no idea what Bowl Cosy's are for.  And also no idea what they could use a Zippered Pouch for.  Hence the signs.

It will save Stew and I having to tell people over and over again every time they ask "What's that for?"


ABOVE:  All our stock, packed up ready to go.

Such a lot of work has gone into all that!  Lucky I love doing it eh?

OK, enough yabbering, I shall head off and get a load of washing on.  Fingers crossed it stays fine and I can get it all dry outside today.


DAMMIT RE: the signs.  I will spell check and redo them.

I went out this morning and bought more plain white fabric for backing of runners.

Home. Cut out three more Reindeer.  Did their fabrics.  

Just had lunch.

Now watching Doc Martin that I recorded Saturday night.

After that I will go back into the sewing room and actually start putting a runner together.


ABOVE:  Our new Azalea, Princess Maude, is doing so well in the rockery!

AND...

ABOVE:  She's having a few flowers!  I'm thrilled to bits.  Success with Princess Maude.  It has made my day.  💜💚💗💙


Well it's now 3.15 pm, and I'm busy sewing # 8 Reindeer Runner.  He's slowly coming along.
It's very quiet again today ... everyone must be busy like me right?

I'm thinking of stopping soon, my lower back is killing me today.

OH and I have fixed the signs typo's... and they will be printed out and ready for market next Monday.

Sewed all day ...  and have Reindeer Runner # 8 75% done.  I will finish him tomorrow, before starting on # 9.

I have done a total 'Silly Bugger' dinner tonight.
We had some left over burger buns, so I put grilled cheese, spaghetti, Bacon and onion on top of them... and called it dinner.  😋😊

Stew seems to be enjoying them.  I had mine at midday.  I'm trying to have my 'main' meal then, rather than in the evening.

I often just have crackers and relish in the evening now.  Works for me.

7 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to put suggestions for use next to the product! Perfume has an 'e' at the end in case you want to reprint that sign (sorry to be the spelling police). What is inside the bowl cosies to make them heat resistant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather thanchange the sign for those who comment give a choc fish, it means u know they read the sign and saves reprinting...i use to be responsible for newsletter and did same so knew I wasn't wasting my time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea re the signs -( also you've missed the "h' in threads!!) I've found when I wash the bowl cosies I’ve made, they wrinkle up a lot and are a pain to iron. I used wrap n zap in mine - I wonder if plain cotton wadding would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could help!
    The signs are a great idea. Maybe put a bowl in a cosy on display.
    Princess Maude is looking lovely. It's always great when plants show signs of doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been in the garden and hot house. New vegetables to get in but need to find place to fit them first plus a few weeds pulled out. I have been away for a week and came home with 8 new tomatoes plus seedlings that needed to go in before I left

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:17 AM

    What is the relish you have with your cheese and biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly bugger dinner sounds right up my alley and something I would make ... almost like mini pizzas. Can't wait to see the next runners! 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.