Sunday, October 16, 2022

THE NEW DESK

 Yesterday afternoon Steve came around to help Stew put together the new computer desk for my sewing room.

They did a good job, and it really didn't take long at all.

ABOVE:  I  have a little video of them completing the job, I will add that later on, after I've downloaded it to YouTube and can share it here.

We are going out a bit later on to get a plastic mat from Look Sharp at The Base.  Seems that's where ya get them.  It will certainly help with keeping things clean at market.

And they are dead cheap from there too.

We will also be buying a couple of long plastic boxes for storing my Zippered Pouches.  I had them in a large box, but when I went to put them out at market yesterday they had all got squashed and didn't look the best.  I had to muck around with them quite a bit to get them looking 'triangular' again!

So lesson learnt, don't pile them all into a box on top of each other.

Stew suggested we go to lunch after shopping, so we will probably do that. 

And that's it for now... video will be up a bit later.




We are having a very successful morning. We have managed to find the boxes we need, a mat for the markets, a picture frame (FINALLY) for the print we bought in Taupo a while ago, and now we are about to have lunch.
Then I'm  going to look for some new summer nighties.  Time to ditch the two I've  been wearing for years. 

1.30 pm:  Very happy.  I found two grand-ma-ish nighties to wear for the next few years over summer.  One reminded me of my Mum so I had to get it.  It's got pink flowers.  And no, I will not be modelling them for ya!

When we got home we put the Gazebo up again, because Stew was sure it could go up another level from where we have consistently used it.
And he was right!  It can go up about another half a metre.
That means that the side drapes will no longer hang on the ground.  Cross in a way that we didn't realise sooner that it went up higher.

I can now also add 'something' else to the gazebo.  I will show you WHAT when we go to the next market.

Which is on MONDAY the 24th of October, in Cambridge at St Andrews Church.

ABOVE:  That is the plastic mat we bought today.  It is a good size, it will just run down the middle of the stall where people walk/stand.  I have some metal pins to hold it in place, to avoid anyone tripping over it.

I do believe we now have EVERYTHING we need to present well at market.  NOT that we didn't already, but the mat and the extra height just adds to it.

I'm really looking forward to the 24th!

Sleep was not happening for me after 1.30 am last night.  I went to bed just a bit too early, and then at 1.30 I woke up, and my brain went into overdrive and I had all these ideas running around and around in me head.  So... IT'S.  NAP.  TIME.   πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

WHY didn't I mute my phone ????
So typical, I'm trying to have a much needed nap and the phone keeps pinging with emails, messages and worst yet, an idiot ringing me who WAS TOLD I was off to have a bloody nap!!!
Grrrrr.
Lesson learnt.  Mute the phone.

Because Stew and I had a good lunch, it's crackers and dip for dinner!  So easy.

I've just spent almost 3 hours ironing out all the pouches as they got squashed in boxes.  Tidied up the sewing room in readiness for working again tomorrow.

Bloody tired again now.
And signing off early.
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Could you lightly stuff the zippered pouches with brown paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reply on that in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  2. That is great about the height of the gazebo and the mat looks good. You do such a good presentation at your market. If I ever get to one this winter I will take a few photos to show you how good a job you do marketing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naps are good... i just had one 🀣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nap time for me too 😴

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 PM

    I know where you can get a blue nightie with dolphins on itπŸ˜‰ Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't nagged you about the gate haha. The desk looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.