Thursday, October 13, 2022

THE LAST ONE FOR NOW

 Today I shall be working on my last Reindeer Runner (for now).

ABOVE:  There's a sneek peek of it.

Probably no prizes for guessing where the Reindeer is eh?  😂


I'm going out to Grandmothers Garden for Steam A Seam this morning, then at lunch time I'm going to the Workingmen's Club for cards again.

Here's hoping I enjoy it, cos if not I'm not going again.



12.40 pm:  I've had a busy morning.
I went out to Gordonton and bought the Steam A Seam, which is essential for my applique work.

Then I swung over to Harvey Norman's for new black ink for my printer.

That was a bloody mission!  The guy 'helping me' had no idea what ink cartridge to give me, so he went online to look up our records, to see what printer we had bought. 
 
I HAD shown him a photo on my phone of the damn thing, with it's SERIAL NUMBER clearly visible, but no.  He dithered around on the computer for what felt like 10 minutes until he found what he was looking for.

Meantime, the guy sitting next to him looked at my photo and went off and got the correct ink!

So I eventually got out of there, but not before spying this:

ABOVE: This gorgeous work desk.  OMG if only I had somewhere to put it.  It would be mine in the blink of an eye.

ABOVE:  Yesterday, while out with Bex 'n' boys, saw this carnage on a corner in town.  Apparently there were police chasing some idiots in a vehicle, and they crashed into this car yard.  From what I could see there were at least 4 cars heavily damaged!

ABOVE: And this excited the boys.  A REAL in their face LAMBORGHINI.  Very pretty.  Totally impractical for anyone with kids!
Won't be getting one any time soon.  For sure.

ABOVE: Bex 'n' the boys came over and took the girls back to their place for a play date.
I'm so proud of Marley, she's a 'real' dog!
She's got a stick!!!  Think she wants to play fetch.  😂😉😊

CARDS:  I didn't go.  I could feel myself starting to stress out about it, so I decided it was going to bring me no joy, so why go?  Best decision today.

Now I can relax and sew.

I spent a good 30 minutes this morning tidying up the sewing room, vacuming etc in readiness for starting the next runner.  
It was necessary, ask no more.

ABOVE:  I found a place for that lovely desk.  But... as it's a want, not a need... I better not buy it.  😖😔😓
I love this corner of my sewing room btw.  It's a happy place.

OMG ... so relieved I didn't go to cards!
I got SHARTS happening!  Like out of nowhere too.

Can you IMAGINE how mortifying that would have been at CARDS???   Someone was looking out for me today, that's for sure.

4 pm:  I just picked up the girls from Bex's.  They had a lovely time, but thankfully seemed happy to come home with me.

Number 4 Reindeer Runner just sold, thanks Karen J!  He will be on his way to you tomorrow.  

Reindeer number 7 is nearly finished.  After tomorrow I will be taking a break from them.

We had roast pork and veges for dinner.  Just so ya know, roast potatoes do NOT defrost and reheat well from the freezer.  Sad.

Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    I hope the card outing went well and that you want to return. I am looking for something like that but for mahjong. Can't wait to see the newest creation!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the cards went well but if not, life's too short to do something you don't enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! I was typing up my update and saying JUST THAT when I saw your comment come in! Too funny.

      Delete
    2. agree totally. time is too precious to do something for ourselves that we don't actually enjoy

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Can you take the old ink cartridge in with you so you can find a replacement next time? Cheers, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It stays in the machine, and you buy a bottle of ink that you just drain into it. I now know what to get for next time though. Took a photo eh? lol

      Delete
  4. That IS a happy corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that desk

    ReplyDelete
  6. But if the desk would bring you joy ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a Harvey Norman fan for that exact reason avoid the place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:07 AM

    That desk is awesome! Can cram so much rubbish under the glass lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.