Sunday, October 02, 2022

BACK TO RUNNERS...

 I really don't need any more runners for markets, but I decided a few more Christmas ones would be nice to add.

Late yesterday afternoon I started making a new one.  New design.  Saw the picture on clothes for sale online... so stole it.  Tweeked it a bit so it's not a total rip off.

But as I've seen the picture on lots of sites ... I'm not worried about copyright.

And ya have to get your ideas from somewhere right?

Anyway... enough blithering, here's a sneek peek:


ABOVE: Nice and bright 'n' cheerful.  No prizes for guessing what the first pic is of.  But wait till you see all of it!  It's so damn cute.


Our eldest grandchild/bonus daughter turns 22 today!  HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS BRYLEE, we hope you are having a really lovely time in Taupo with Dominic.

12.35 pm:  And I've not managed to get into the sewing room to actually sew that new runner yet.
I've been outside in the hot sun hand stitching the hanging tapes on the gazebo.
It took about an hour to get it all set up, but now it's done we don't have to do it again.

And hopefully our runners will hang BEAUTIFULLY from now on.

ABOVE: While I did that, Stew mucked around in the garden and planted 'Princess Maud' in the rockery.  I hope she does well there.

Lunch time... taking a break before actually doing that runner.

Best laid plans... Steve, Bex and the boys called in after lunch.
We had a very nice visit.  The gate was discussed... AGAIN.  They think I will change my mind about wanting it.  They HOPE I will change my mind about wanting it.

I WON'T.  So I wait... some more.  No pressure.  YET.

ABOVE: There are no words for this boy.  None.


It is now 5.17 pm and I am finally getting around to sewing.  This runner is certainly not going to be done today.  πŸ˜’πŸ˜–

7.30 pm:  And I've finally got the stitching done around the thingee.  I will show you tomorrow what the thingee is.
For now, I'm done for the day.  Time to sit down and watch some mindless tv.
And eat crackers.
With Onion relish.
Cos I can.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brylee πŸ₯³πŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Sheesh 22 where does the time go!! Happy Birthday Brylee!! Colours are gorgeous 😍 dinner last night was average at best quite disappointed GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Happy 22nd Birthday Brylee, hope it’s a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 22 happy birthday Brylee. lov the colours in lates runners Chr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Brylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 22. Happy birthday, Brylee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Brylee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays6:17 PM

    The look on his face as if to say Who me?
    Love it and the gardens looking great with Princess Maude in the rockery ,
    Hey love the fish hook as well,,,
    Beautiful sunny day here so outside work as well,
    Long weekend here for Labour weekend yay πŸ‘❤️πŸ’―πŸΆπŸΆ
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Are you just going to use the gate when the dogs are outside otherwise you will have to get out of the car (in the rain and the cold) to open the gate whenever you want to come in. We had a front gate that had to be opened and closed for the dog and it was a drag!! Audrery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barkers in Geraldine mde an amazing onion relish dnt know if u get bsrkers up north

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - that kid looks like Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Brylee!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.