Wednesday, October 12, 2022

TWO YEARS

 Today marks two years since the passing of my Mum.  I cannot believe it's been that long already.  Sometimes, it feels like just the other day.


I still find myself about to ring her up to tell her the latest goings on... it's crushing when I remember she is no longer just a phone call away.  No one can replace her.  She was my MUM.

Last night at cards I showed the girls a photo of the runner I am currently working on, and it was snapped up by one of our card ladies!

That is the third time one of my Reindeer runners has sold before it's even finished!

This morning I will put the border on that one, then it will go to Sue T.

She wants a gold border, so I better suss out what fabric will work best on it.

Then I will get #7 started.

But I won't be working on it much today, as I'm going out.

I promised Dante and Archer I'd take them out this week, so we are having lunch with Stew in town.  

Then we are going to some Arcade in the mall in town.  I'm sure they will enjoy that.

It will be good to be busy, and around people today.



ABOVE:  And number 6 is done, and SOLD.  Sue chose her border fabric this morning... Christmas Gold.
It's nice that everyone has such different tastes.

Now, I'm off to get ready to go out for a few hours.

ABOVE: I found somewhere to sit and watch.


ABOVE: It isn't as busy as we thought it would be. But its still LOUD. 
Don't think I'll be taking a nap here!

7.58 pm:  Sorry I've been absent so long.  I got home mid afternoon, lay down and fell asleep for TWO HOURS!!!

Whoops.  But must have needed it.

Since then I've been in the sewing room working on my last Reindeer Runner until after the weekend market.

He's going to be another super cute one I think.

I've run out of some essential supplies, so will have to do a run out to Grandmother's Garden tomorrow.

But for now... It's pack up the sewing room and go inside to relax till bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Thinking of you today chick THE OLD MOO loved you so very much GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a special relationship with your Mom. It is sweet that you think of her and talk about her often. A beautiful bond like that will always be remembered. You were fortunate to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to have people buying the runners before being finished because that way they can have their special color borders! Then there is no "Oh, I would love that if it had xxx color rather than yyy color." Win Win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special memories of your mum live in your heart forever Chris. Have a great day with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was close to my dad. He died in 2011. I can't believe it is so long ago. I still talk to him sometimes. I miss him so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:02 PM

    We never quit missing our moms. Mine has been gone 23 yrs now and I still want to ring her up. XO
    Love the gold border, it all pops! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. R.i.p Granny πŸ‘΅ always missed never forgotten.
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun grandma time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhonda6:56 PM

    Sending hugs to you today as you remember her πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big hugs Chris πŸ«‚

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:44 PM

    Doesn’t seem
    Like 2 years chris. In saying that pater passed away 12 years ago seems unreal. Love your runners - Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 years that has flown by hugs to you today x
    I would’ve commented earlier but I had emergency dentist appointment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:34 PM

    I agree it doesn't seem like two years....the runners are just fabulous..good the little boys had a good time. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big hugs! Nice to spend a day with the boys and wtg on selling your cute runners

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.