Saturday, October 01, 2022

FRIGGIN OCTOBER!

 I slept in.

Seriously, did not open me eyes until after 9!

Stew's gone to the supermarket to get our usual weekend supplies.  Mostly DIET COKE to last the week.

It's wet and miserable.

We had wanted to erect the gazebo on the driveway again today and get the straps up.  Might be we try to do it in the garage, with the gazebo only half way up?

I don't know if it will go even half way up though, given it's quite a tall gazebo?  I will give it a go once Stew is back.

I've filled out enrolment forms to re-join the Workingmens Club here in Hamilton.

We shall drop them off sometime today.  Maybe we can stay for lunch, if not I'm thinking Orca in Raglan.


ABOVE:  We were very impressed with the last meal we had there.  Seafood is always a win.

That's me for now, sorry for such a late post, though readership over the weekends is pretty low so I'm not feeling too guilty.

Everyone has plenty to do on the weekends... get on with it I say!


ABOVE: Brunch at ORCA. Cannot fault this meal!

4.40 pm:  lol.  Been home a couple of hours.  Kinda had a post lunch nap.  Massive meal for lunchtime!  We will only need crackers and dip for dinner, that's for sure.


ABOVE:  It was wet, windy and cold in Raglan.  Yet there were plenty of daft buggers out on the water, either surfing or wind surfing.

We ventured onto the beach, but it was too cold and miserable to stay long.  There was no one on the beach where we were.

I'm now going to venture into my sewing room and start a new project.

NOT a zippered pouch.  A Christmas runner I think.

7.20 pm:  And I actually got a runner ready for stitching this afternoon!  Looking forward to doing it tomorrow, cos it's really cute.

Winding down now... it's a chilly night so the blankie is on, feet up.  Perfecting the art of being a Grandma.  Stew has his 'Grandad' slippers on too.  lol

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I checked at about 9.30 for your update & was surprised to see there was not one. Glad you got to have a good sleep in, obviously needed 😊. Have a lovely lunch out wherever you end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I was very disappointed when I went to read your blog this morning and there was nothing there Chris 😂 I just have boring housework to do today. Then get a bag half ready to take to my daughters when I help her out when my grandson comes home from hospital after being diagnosed with meningitis at two weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dee, how scary for you all. I hope baby is all better soon.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris. Yesterday he was transferred to hospital in his home town so he is improving. Naturally we are all thankful that it is viral not bacterial meningitis and the long term effects are minimal

      Delete
  3. What is this "Workingmans Club"?
    We always marked our tent footprint on the floor with tape. Just mark the 4 corners and arrange you tables and shelves. . Wait - that won't work if you actually hang stuff off the tent. Never mind. I am having a slow easy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google Hamilton Workingmens Club. Their website will fill you in.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your lunch out. I have no idea what I will be doing today but it's a glorious day with sun shine and light breeze so I should probably get out side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Yum!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Happy Weekend Team Harvey we're out for dinner tonight Guy's Birthday we've taken advice guess where we are going 💙💙 GM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:53 PM

    That meal looks wonderful!! Especially the shrimp. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.