Monday, October 31, 2022

SNIP SNIP

 Yesterday I forgot to snip those hydrangea flowers off the cuttings, so that's top of my list to do today.

I've got several little jobs to get done around the house in fact.  Just odd jobs really, but ones I've been putting off for a while.

That will keep me entertained for an hour or two.

Archer has a miserable cold and can't go to school.  Bex has an Art Class.  So I am going to babysit.

Gosh, I can't remember the last time I babysat a kid.  It's a rare event that's for sure.

I've made it perfectly clear to everyone that I don't babysit unless it's ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

Raising 8 kids just took the 'want' out of babysitting any kids.  (plus being a Teacher Aide for Special Needs Kids for a few years)  

I know I'm probably not a normal grandmother in that respect right?

I love seeing them, don't get me wrong!!!

I just don't want to look after them.

This person is DONE looking after kids.  😂😒😏

Archer will only be here for 2 hours, so he won't cramp my style.  lol

Right.  Off to start me day.

De-flower the hydrangeas, plant the new baby lettuces, put succulents into the rockery, move some bins, bla bla bla.

LAST. DAY. OF. OCTOBER!    


10.25 am:  Slowly getting the jobs done.  With a little helper:

ABOVE:  Cleaning fans.  Archer LOVES helping!
So why not use the kiddo!  lol
He was very proud of himself, and how well he cleaned that fan.
I must admit, they look like NEW now they are clean again. 
Two down, a few to go, but they can wait for another day.  No rush.

ABOVE:  It is disgusting how much dust there must be in our AIR!  That larger fan was hideously filthy.
Now it looks brand new again.

We are now taking a 'play with the dogs break', before going outside to plant some of my succulents in the rockery.

1.38 pm. Archer has left the building. He rather enjoyed himself I think. 🥰😊

I've just been to the supermarket for a few more essentials.  OMFG this weather is like... cool in the morning, then sticky hot after lunch.

Today is the last day I'm wearing long tights, socks  and sneakers.  I'm bloody roasting!

NEW ZEALAND really only has two seasons. Summer and Winter. Gimme Winter any day!

I am dreading Summer.

I'm having a shitty McShitty afternoon.  Just crabby as fuck right now.  But that's OK.  I will move on from current shit and be a happier person.


Deep breath.  I'm in me sewing room.  Working on a couple of easy runners.
That should settle my mood a bit.

OH LOOK!  NO NAMES MENTIONED.  Funny that.  Might not have even been 'somebody'... could have been something totally removed from a person.  Yeah.

If you think it's about YOU.... well maybe you are right.  Or wrong.


Dinner this evening was Tandoor Chicken and Pork and Prawn Dumplings over Chinese Rice.  Added some salad veges on top as well.
It was LOVELY.

And now... time to relax.  Coronation Street is on later, then bedtime.

edit:  thanks for that KJ... it is indeed MONDAY.  No Coronation Street.   For some reason I thought it was Tuesday!  Derrr.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Totally agree Chris with the babysitting thing. My daughter in law from stepson asked if I’d do one day a week so she could work, I said no straight up, happy to babysit if they want to go for a meal etc but no otherwise. I worked full time for 50 years, and no. I occasionally take a friends little ones swimming but I enjoy that. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's sweet that Archer is getting some "Grandma Time".
    I love growing lettuce, but I tend to kill plants very quickly. I do not have a green thumb. I had some huge tomato plants outside this summer and brought them in to avoid frost. Then I kept them in the entry way for 1.5 months. So fun to have big ripe tomatos in the house. But they got too messy. So we put all the big pots away for the winter. I might have to grow some little lettuce or microgreens inside again. Yum. But they have such a short window of opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally understand. We did our bit with Sally but I prefer to be the fun grandparent to visit rather than the babysitter on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for looking after archer for me. Looks like he had so much fun lol with the lolly jar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dreading summer too... blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also not looking forward to summer. This sticky humid heat is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that things went to shit so soon after your lovely little escape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Coronation Street on a Monday? I wish. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that KJ... it is indeed MONDAY. No Coronation Street. For some reason I thought it was Tuesday! Derrr.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.