Tuesday, October 04, 2022

WHY?

 Audrey asked me on the weekend why I wanted a gate?

She said it was a drag having to get in and out of her car to open/close her gate when they had one.

Well.

I will only have the gate closed when I/we are home, or we are away for any length of time.

I want a gate so:

1. In summer I can have all external doors open, without worrying about where the dogs are, have they escaped the property etc.

2. The dogs will LOVE being out the front, seeing more, barking at everyone no doubt, but much happier I'm sure.

3. Security for Stew's car overnight.  There are dozens of cars stolen or broken into here in Hamilton (and elsewhere), every day.

4. Security for our property.  There are broad daylight burglaries happening everywhere.

5.  To keep unwelcome doorknockers and others OFF our property.  

6. To enable the grandchildren to play on our lovely big driveway without us worrying about them.  I see chalk drawing, hopscotch, ball games etc on the driveway this summer.

7. And... cos I JUST WANT ONE!


There ya go.  I think that covers it.

Now... here's the finished Christmas Runner for Sandra C:

ABOVE:  He's so lovely, I have to make more now for the markets.

I hope to get 2-3 done before the next market on the 15th October at Tamahere.  

So guess what I'm going to be doing today?  😂😅😊


I better not forget to take the girls for their groom too!  That might come first I think.  Poor girls are going to feel the cold as we are in for a last gasp winter blast!


11.15 am:   Well, the girls are at the groomers.
And I've just finished cutting out the reindeer for the 2nd Christmas Runner.
When I choose the fabrics for each part, I always second guess how it will look, if I've made a mistake with one piece or other.

So, until I get it put together on the backing fabric, I'm still unsure.

When I clap my hands like a twat, I know I've got it right!  This second one is going to be just as gorgeous as the first one.   So happy. Clapping like a twat. 😜🙌🙌😅

SNEEK PEEK:

ABOVE:  Fun!

ABOVE:  Before and after.  Marley looks like a totally different dog!!!  They will enjoy the sun now.

Bex and the boys are visiting for a while... the boys wanted to see the girls new haircuts.   I'm taking a break from sewing while they are here.

Went to WW tonight.  Lost a kilo.  Happy with that.  Came home to a lovely dinner, and am now just watching telly till bedtime.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 AM

    That runner is sooooo funky!! Agree with all the reasons for the gate I'm thinking about getting security cameras but unsure which ones are value for money. Touch wood we haven't had any problems but better to be as safe as possible especially with the cost of insurance GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I understand all the reasons why you want a gate and just pointed out the ONLY drawback. I can remember the days when we could leave our doors unlocked and nothing would happen but perhaps we were just lucky then too. Love the reindeer runner. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you get a gate that opens at the push of a button? That would elimanate any hassle at all. It might be worth it to put the cost upfront instead of wishing you had done it later. And it might be reasonable. I have no idea. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you want a gate for sure! We have put up a security camera which is amazing. When we are away I can look at the front door and driveway which really gives me peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 is the only reason that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Christmas runner. The gate is a good idea. Well done for WW.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.