Tuesday, November 01, 2022

CHRISTMAS PLANS

 It's friggin NOVEMBER!

I say it all the time.... but holy hell this year is flying by!

Before you know it, it'll be 2023!

Talking about Christmas now.

Do you have plans already?

Or are you not even thinking about it yet?

I know I've done quite a lot of 'thinking about it' lately.

Last year I went OVERBOARD with presents/food/planning etc.

This year?

NONE OF THE ABOVE.

It's going to be just Stew, Me and a very small family circle.

I'm over trying to please/suit/fit everyone into Christmas plans.

No more going broke either!  There will be a limit on what is spent.  Maybe just presents for little kids in fact.

It's not supposed to be about how much you spend, it's about spending time with family.

How do you celebrate Christmas?  All the family?  Friends?  Big meal?  BBQ?  Fish 'n' Chips on the beach?

My parents got sick of the hallabaloo and ended up going out to sea in their boat!  

We don't have a boat.  *sniff*


ABOVE:  Wish I'd put something like this out by our letterbox last night!

I lost count of how many times Coco and Marley went bloody apeshit and barked their heads off when kids came to our door.

I had a sign by the front door, but it didn't stop the dogs barking when people came right up to the door.  Next year there will be a gate that will be LOCKED.

Clearly I don't 'DO' Halloween. 


Today I am going to sew a couple of runners with Kiwis on them.  Just nice and simple.


9.30 am:  I just spent a good hour getting all my summer clothes out of the 'not wearing right now' wardrobe and put all my winter stuff in there instead.
I felt good as I actually got rid of a few things that I'd been holding onto for over 10 years.
Thinking I'd 'shrink' back into them some day.  Ha ha!
Isn't gunna happen.
I'm gunna be fat forever.
It's in me genes.
Though I am trying to get at least 20 kilos off before I kick the bucket!

I'm now going to actually get dressed, do me hair and face and head into town for a quick job.

12.04 pm:  Just back from town.  OMG it's already stinking hot out there.  Today I wore summer clothes.  Thank God.
I am now taking a break for lunch before heading into the sewing room to do some work.

WW tonight.  Expecting a huge gain.  Just haven't been in the right head space to 'diet'.
And I hate all the restrictions.  I'm into PORTION CONTROL instead of "NO YA CAN'T HAVE THAT" shit.

1.48 pm:  Well I can't see any sewing getting done!
I found three loads of washing to fold up and put away.  And then I decided to make a potato salad for dinner.
And that takes a bit of time.
So yeah, waiting for the spuds to be done so I can drain and cool them.
Chop up some mint and other stuff.
And so it goes.

5.35 pm:  Nearly time to head off to WW.  Dinner is all ready, except for cooking the sausages.  We are having crumbed Chicken Sausages from Pokeno.  I hope they are good, they cost a lot!

6.07 pm. And the BIG GAIN  ended up being a 100grm LOSS! 
WTF? I didn't expect that... but I'll take it.
Now I get to sit and listen to the usual speil and hope someone talks to me 😒😏

Home again.  The meeting was enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to attending again next week, even though it will only be a 'weigh and go' as it's Card Night next week.

Dinner was really YUM.  My potato salad was delicious.  Every time I make one it is slightly different, it all depends on what's in the fridge really.

Watching tv till bedtime now.  Feet up.  BLISS.

14 comments:

  1. We have a meal at home, bbq lamb, baby potatoes & carrots, peas. Then brownie, ice cream & strawberries for dessert. Just me & the kids (and obviously Gary before he died) plus anyone else who wants to come/is at a loose end. Easy to prepare and adjust amounts for the number of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 2 Christmas's. One is a five hour drive. And the other is a 30 second drive. We tend to get overwhelmed at Christmas and now all the kids are grown and having kids and the present count is rediculous. So we are making "bark butter" and logs with holes and a hanger. It will be a bird feeder Christmas. Maybe a fun book for the kiddos. They would probably hate books though. So - who knows. There is no animosity in the family though - so that's good. Just stress from driving in freezing cold and icy roads for so long. Ten hours round trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Last few years we have been going out for Xmas day lunch. Might be $99 each buffet style but when you add up all the food you would buy, cook and clean up on Christmas day, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas has always been dependent on what the kids inlaws want to do. This year I have said we are having Christmas Eve. Fortunately it's on a Saturday but I plan on always doing it from hereonin. At least I get to see the grandkids at some point over Christmas. In years past it has often been the next year.
    Probably grazing food. And no extravagant gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:18 PM

    We either sit at the end of the driveway and handout candy (good weather) with the dogs, or we turn off all and lights and do not participate.

    If we eliminate the door part, the dogs are absolutely fine with greeting people and we meet more neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Dogs comment was me also.

    Have you thought about making/sewing things for family for Xmas?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Here in Australia it is kind of a rule that you only approach the house if the house is decorated out the front. If not decorated you do no approach. Christine Aus XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. No family Christmas celebrations here, can’t remember the last one we had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda7:01 PM

    Love everything about Christmas especially our family being all together on Christmas Day, the noise, laughter, presents, food just everything.
    I follow WW and attend meetings each week. I’m curious to know what you get from attending WW when you have mentioned you have no intention of following the plan 🤷‍♀️ I don’t think I’d be forking out the $’s unless I was getting something from attending. Just my opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will answer your question about WW tomorrow on the blog Rhonda.

      Delete
  10. Well done on the loss, I guess you are doing better than you thought with your food & portions so keep up the good work. I hope the sausages are good, Pokeno sausages are generally the only ones I will eat 😁

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas is usually GO GO GO but as my kids get older we've been more at home. Thanks to Covid years we have shifted a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on the loss ... it's always nice when we are expecting a gain and get rewarded with a loss. Re Christmas .... it can be so over-rated. I reckon one of the best Christmas's I had was when I spent the day helping out at the City Mission's Christmas dinner and then went on to work in the evening. Another couple of Christmas days were spent working a 24 hour shift - and they were fun too - and no stress. One of these days I'm going to be on a cruise for Christmas Day - another way of avoiding stress - and not having to deal with cooking, cleaning etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't go anywhere as everyone is too far. I do the big meal on Xmas Eve and then we have munchies and leftovers for Xmas Day. We have never gone crazy with gifts and I have been known to fold laundry on Xmas Day. I started this one year when DH was stuck in a town two hours one way from home waiting for his father who had missed his flight from Minneapolis. The sons and I just hung out, ate what we wanted when we wanted. We missed DH but had a lovely day. I do all the festive meals here, Canadian and American Thanksgiving, Xmas and Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.