Friday, July 01, 2022

THIS AND THAT

Finally, a cute little Joyce, modelling one of her new jackets...

ABOVE: Looking very swish there Joyce.
And, not to be outdone:

ABOVE:  Darling Beau got a winter coat too!
He's adorable.

Last night I was so damn crabby (again).  So after dinner we went to the supermarket.

ABOVE:  I took a leaf out of Joyce's book!  I went out in me slippers!
I saw one girl at the supermarket in her pj's, dressing gown AND slippers... so I didn't feel out of place at all!

ABOVE:  We were shocked to see our cheese has risen in price AGAIN!
Two years ago it was around $16 a block, and we thought THAT was expensive!
Now?  $21.50 ffs!
That is just crazy.  And an utter fucking rip off.
Someone is just taking the piss.

ABOVE:  And yeah.  That's what happens when you are in a super crabby mood!  
*sigh*
Enough for several bad moods me thinks.

I'm sewing again today.  Cow Coasters for the girls down south.  Should get them all done today.
The Coffee Cup runner took up way too much of my time yesterday, and put me in a foul mood.
Let's not repeat that today eh?


11.44 am:

Sewing.

ABOVE:  It had to happen.  I couldn't do it any longer!  Being cold is one thing, being freezing is quite another.

I'm just going to warm up the room then turn it off again.  Probably only an hour.


ABOVE:  Done well today.  I finished the ordered Cow Coasters, and got two more sets of 4 made.

Now... it's 1.22 pm and I'm hungry.  Time for lunch.

4 pm:  Just done dinner prep.

We are having pork sausages, pork riblets, mashed potato, lettuce salad, boiled eggs and beetroot.  Should be nice.

Not done much else this afternoon. Watched some YouTube stuff.  Read the news.

Got Wordle but not Quordle.  


*burp*... dinner was really good. Way, way too much food. Going to have left overs for breakfast.

Sausages, spuds and eggs.

Time to snuggle down in me blankie and watch some TV.  It's cooling down.

Hotpods might need to be plugged in soon.

15 comments:

  1. Your "slippers" look just like ankle height Ugg's. So definitely grocery store worthy! The girl and her dog look cute as buttons in their new duds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Comfort food, sometimes ya just have too....Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cheese!! We pay around $ 10 kg in Aus. That's outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thermostat on heat pump has been fixed so now it turns off when room is toasty whichnit is now cause sun is shining in. I bought cheese yesterday and had to think several times before putting it in trolly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I hate getting groceries. That cheese is my favorite too but I can't buy at that price. I'm sitting at hospital waiting for my eye scan. I've had a few days remission till Wednesday night so I hope they get results. Love your crabby groceries but might be on insulin once a day soon. Waiting on results. Hoping it solves a problem with my constant thirst. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. My previous comment disappeared. Joyce look great in that coat, such a classic. I saw those heat pads in our chemist yesterday and they were $40. How long do they stay warm for ? I thought about getting one for hubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two. They stay hot/warm for about 6 hours if you have them on your lap with a blanket over the top... or in bed. They are so worth the money ... get hubby two!

      Delete
  7. Kiwionholidays7:24 PM

    Well what an awesome pic to start the blog today, Joyce modelling that beautiful coat,
    She is a great lil model ,,,,,and the coat suits her to a T,

    Takes me back to when those coats did the rounds before , in kiwi times gone by,,πŸ€—

    Your crafts up and going again are fab and great some are selling as you go,
    Gives someone else pleasure as well to enjoy your crafts ,
    You really have a gift for that along with Bex and I admire that in you guys ,

    Hope your moods are back on the up and up , it’s probably the time of the year but winter will be over in a couple of months for us all and back to longer days n warmer days, πŸ’πŸ‡

    Watching πŸ‰the NZ under 20 s v Fiji playing in Queensland and it’s pouring ☔️down, so glad we are inside,,,,, after a busy week watching ,it on TV πŸ“Ί

    Having home cooked fish n chip wedges ,,,,to get it the footy mood lol

    Take care n have a great weekend
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful NZ cheese. It's local, it's fresh, it's the best. Yehhh, why is that price going up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:41 PM

    I still do my wordle daily, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:52 PM

    p.s. wordle comment is me Chris, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. World comment is mine Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cheese is $19 at our pac n save but thankfully I love Edam cheese. We tried the tasty recently but both decided it's not for us. Thankfully the edam is only $9.50 still!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah that's a lot of money for cheese. All our prices have went up so much lately too but not that high.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trish in New Jersey1:18 PM

    Beau is such a handsome and proud dog in his new coat. Joyce also looks lovely in hers. Your prices are really sky rocketing,

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.