Sunday, July 24, 2022

SAME, BUT DIFFERENT

 I mentioned last night that I'd prepared my next project.

It's going to be a runner in a 'theme' I've done heaps of times, but this time it's going to be different.


ABOVE:  I am using this variegated fabric that I bought in Tauranga a while ago.

Remember me saying it was awful and I was going to send it back?  Well clearly I didn't.  I decided to hold onto it, just in case I found the perfect use for it.

And maybe I have?

I think I'll wait until it's finished before showing you what it will be.

While I'm sewing, Stew is going to chill out and watch some sport or movies.  The girls will no doubt be on his lap all day, soaking up the loves.


ABOVE:  I totally thought I'd posted these photos!  But I can't see them on the blog anywhere.  So here they are.

This is what the boys did the other day to stop me from licking their necks when they give me a 'Hello Grandma' cuddle!  Little buggers.  Clever too.

And that's me for now.  I'm off to sew.

11 am:  and my 'different' plan didn't work out.  So it's back to normal.  Kinda annoyed cos I really thought it would look good having wonky houses in  vertical line going down the fabric.  But nope.

Never mind, I shall keep doing what works.

And as no one is around today I might just sign off now.  Then I can just keep working and not stop every so often to check or update.

Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Shame you plan did not work, at least you have it a go. Part of the joys of being a creative I guess 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of houses you could do fish with an underwater theme on the green fabric
    We have a 4th birthday celebration today so our day is busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that fabric as the ocean with big fish down the bottom and smaller ones going up to the lighter areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Clever boys those two grandsons of yours! Very creative solution they came up with. I agree with the others - that fabric shouts ocean theme. I'm sure you will come up with another brilliant idea that works with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays5:49 PM

    Been reading the blog,last few days but too busy to reply
    Loving that green kinda theme material, hope you come up with a plan later for it

    Thought the boys were zipped up for the snow ⛄️ They surely do give loadsa pleasure don’t they grandies?

    Take care n lovely to see the blog up n running again πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ‰
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:01 PM

    Those boys are so funny….πŸ˜€πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boys are so funny πŸ˜€πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:04 AM

    Not sure, or can’t remember, if you have ever sewn any fish, but I see fish bubbles on that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How's that little stick vacuum working for you? I bought mine around the same time and it's ready for the garbage. So disappointed. But it could be the fault of my hairy Collie dog. But the vacuum is useless in a house with that beast.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.