Thursday, July 07, 2022

OUT ALL DAY

 Very quickly....

I'm going to be out all day today.

I'm attending a Patchwork Workshop out at Tamahere.

I booked myself into it months ago.  We are making a zippered pouch thingee.

It's not like I don't know how to make them!   I just wanted to go to a workshop or two and meet other women really.

I hope it's a nice day.

So... I better get a move on.

Catch ya later with all the goss.


ABOVE:  Progress.... tricky pattern.

2.50 pm:  Home from the workshop.  It went well, lovely company.  Gorgeous Patchwork shop.  And the owner/tutor (Mel) is a really nice girl.

The first thing I really LOVED about this workshop was that we got to choose what fabrics we wanted to use.
I had fully expected to find a limited selection we had to choose from.
So, of course I went for some of my favourite fabric colours. 

There were 5 of us at the workshop, which was a good number.  Mel wasn't rushed off her feet helping everyone.

We finished an hour ahead of time ... so that was good.  I got home before the school 'rush hour' traffic.

ABOVE:  My 'pozzie' for 
the class.

ABOVE:  My view across the table... GORGEOUS Kaffe Fassett fabrics!  *drool*

I can honestly say the bag pattern was a right shit.  I didn't enjoy parts of it at all.  But, the end product?

ABOVE:  Mine.

ABOVE:  All five bags.  So neat seeing everyone's ... and the differing choices people made with their fabrics and zips.

ZIPS!  I had never used a double zip before.  What an amazing idea.  You just zip each side into the middle and boom, closed. LOVE IT. 

ABOVE:  It would have been RUDE of me to not buy a bit of fabric eh?  
Not much though, cos seriously, I have a bit already.

Right.  Down time for an hour or so, then Bex and the boys are popping in with a surprise for Marley.  I will 'save' that for tomorrow.  *snigger*

9.38 pm:  Stew arrived home, we had lamb shanks and veges for dinner, then we went to The Base for a couple of things.
Now home and just chilling.
Bed in a couple of hours.
Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Have fun! I know you'll tell us all about it, later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day Chris, Look forward to photos later

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a lovely day ahead planned ... enjoy! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Those are cute coats for the dogs. And they do look like they fit better. Enjoy your meet & greet with the ladies.
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your having a great time that pouch looks awsome love the fabric you used. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Looks good Chris, hope you enjoy the day. Michele (Palmy)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pouches but have never made one with double zips or the feature fabric either side of the zip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! They are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a lovely day. Love the bags. Those zips are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bags look great, loving the colours and the double zips 😃

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rhonda7:31 PM

    Wow Chris those bags are amazing! Especially your bag. Sounds like a great group for you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a truely scrumptious day crafting...pleased to hear

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:43 PM

    I'm so glad your back!!!!! Just clicked on your blog when I was going through my blog list in hopes that you were back, Yay🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉 I love your blog ❤ Shellie from Truro, Nova Scotia. Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like all the bags but the colour of yours is the best. They look really neat and I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great project! Sounds like a super time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bags, they all look great, so many combinations and very colourful. It is nice to get out with people with like interests, that is why I go to my quilting guild. Enjoyable few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag! I tried to do a similar pattern and it was so confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As usual, I love your color combinations the best. Are you going to "redo" the pattern so it's easier? Those bags are very popular among quilters in Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.