Monday, July 18, 2022

WONKY HOUSE RUNNERS

 Good morning.

My plans for today are to work on these:

ABOVE:  Three Wonky House Runners, all ready to start stitching and adding the finer details.
I hope to get them finished before the next market, which is this coming Saturday.

Then there will probably be a lull till the markets closer to summer.  Unless I get another shot at the Tamahere Market next month.  That would be neat!

So, expect me to be a bit quiet today, as I will be sewing most of the day.


12.38 pm:  And I've been flat out all morning.  Jobs around the house, then sewing.

ABOVE:  All the basic stitching has been done. Now I have to do all the tittivating.  Much longer process.

It's a freezing cold day, very grey and colourless.
No wind to speak of either.  Just bla.

3.43 pm:  And my day is going so well!   I've almost finished one of the new runners.
They are a lot of work. So much fiddly sewing.
But so worth it, I love them.

I also just sold three more runners on my Facebook page!

Here's a shameless plug:  https://www.facebook.com/Runners-MORE-by-Chris-Harvey-108972815168843/photos/109726821760109

As soon as I've finished this first runner I'm stopping for the day.  I've been sitting here for over 6 hours.  That's quite long enough.

ABOVE: And there's the first one finished.  It's gorgeous!

Now, it's time to go inside the house and decide what's for dinner.

8.40 pm:  And dinner is done.  We had sausages, a pork and apple rissole, mashed potatoes, baked beans and onions!  Sounds weird, but a really nice silly bugger meal.  Comfort food really.
I've been cold all day, so am now happily ensconced in me blankie with hotpods on me lap.
Watching tv and just relaxing.

Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Enjoy your day! They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they were arrows. It's funny how much difference the extra details make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tittivating is the fun bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put mine out on the table yesterday. Must have known!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:53 PM

    Hi, this is Ro from N.W. Italy. I seldom comment on the blogs I read, but I have to tell you how talented you are. The runners you make and the other goods are really different, fun and special. Well done you. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very nice of you to say, Thank You Ro.

      Delete
  6. Wow that’s great you sold more yay you’re in your happy place sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:38 PM

    I agree with the lady from Italy. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice! I need to sew something it's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.