Saturday, July 16, 2022

MARKET!

 The one thing I hate the most about markets is... having to get up super early!

I literally feel SICK when I get out of bed before 7 am.

Today we have to be up and out of here by about 6.30.  Yaaaa.

But, once we are there and setting up our stall, I should be feeling a bit better.

The weather looks OK, might get some showers.  But that won't matter, cos I'm INSIDE.

Such a relief.

Even if it's a very quiet market, I won't mind.

It's dipping my toe back into markets that matters.

I was almost ready to stop doing them altogether to be honest.  But, now I'm thinking, give it time.

It might be OK.

I have a little video from yesterday to share:



Lacy insisted I take a photo, so yeah.  That was on yesterday's post.
In the video you can see just how swiftly the river was flowing.

And I don't know if you heard him, but this guy came past and said "Wow, is it high tide?"
*snort*

It's a river flowing from the mountains into the sea, which is a hundred miles away ... so nope, NOT high tide!

HIGH TIDE!  That made me laugh.

ABOVE: These two, goobers.

ABOVE:  Marley was not spared the indignity.  Coco hid behind Bex.

And well... that's it for now.  Stew and I are off to market.

7.30 am and we are all set up.



ABOVE: We are very lucky to have a great sized area, with power, lighting, bathroom, kitchen and HEATERS in the church hall! 
I hope we can get a permanent spot in here!
Well... there were heaps of people coming to the market.  BUT not coming into the hall.....


ABOVE: so, we relocated outside! Since moving outside we have made a hundred bucks very quickly. 

ABOVE... AT THE MARKET.  It's held at St Stephens Church in Tamahere, so a peaceful setting.



Well... the market went well. Very cold, foggy start, but it got better mid morning.  We sold a nice amount once we moved outside.
I will be requesting an outside site for next month.


We are now sitting at the Taupiri TACO BELL, having checked out the new expressway extension.
Never had TACO BELL... so hopefully its not too spicy for me?

ABOVE: We are also trying the new Coke Zero Sugar. Its not too bad.

ABOVE:  Stew and I both had the same thing, a  Double Crunchwrap Supreme.  The lady did warn me it was 'a little spicy', but I decided to go for it.  And it was perfectly fine.  Just a little hot, but not bad.  I was rather proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying it.
Their chips are amazing.



ABOVE: Our bright, shiny new Waikato Expressway extension.  Such a relief to finally see it open.

It only took us 10 minutes this morning to get to Tamahere!  Usually it's 25 mins, or more, depending on traffic.

It's been a really lovely day.  Cold.  But we both love the social side of being at a market.
The pleasure in selling my products is gratifying too.  So nice that people actually want to buy it. 😊😌

Because we had such a late 'lunch', dinner will be crackers, cheese and relish.  Easy.  Boom.  Done.

7.58 pm:  It's taken a few hours, but I can finally say I'm warm again.  I was chilled to the bone.
Next market... remember thermal top, not just the bottom.  AND me Ugg boots!

Stew is watching the rugby.  I don't think he's enjoying it.  Ireland is thrashing the All Blacks AGAIN!

I'm signing off for the day, and won't be too long out of bed tonight.  AND I expect a big sleep in tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Wishing you a very successful day Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 AM

    It’s Magpie here, Good luck today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely, hope it goes well!
    Christine in Wellington

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Good luck today.
    Going to be cosy in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:46 AM

      I’m not anonymous, it’s Jen.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Interesting no traffic inside, glad you could move outside. Woo! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your day is getting better and better. Maybe the organisers need to push people into visiting the stalls inside with a competition or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you had such a grey market experience. happy day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your market and your first Taco Bell experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased for you that the market went well 😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive never tried taco bells..we did go once buttgey wereclosed to sit down because of whichever alert we were on at ths time but ghose chips do look nice. Glad market went wel wonder y ppl werent coming in the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for a good market once you moved outside. Worth all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the market went well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.