Friday, July 22, 2022

FOUR FINISHES?

 Some news.  Steve finally got to start his new medication on Wednesday.  And so far so good.

Though it will take a couple of months to 'kick in' and make a difference... IF IT'S GOING TO WORK.

He did really well on Wednesday, and self administered all 4 injections himself, after some coaching in the hospital of course.

So, fingers crossed his health picks up soon.

Now today...


ABOVE:  I stitched up a storm yesterday and got all four of these runners up to the point where they now only need their backing fabric and binding added.

So, all going well I should get them all finished today!

How cool is that?

I am thinking of making a few more Wonky House Runners after these cat ones are done.  I just love them, they look so good!

I am really enjoying being back in the sewing mood.  It's such a good feeling.

What do you do to feel happy, really happy?  Is it a sport?  A hobby?  A special place?  Special people?

For me it's MY PEOPLE first, my dogs and my sewing.  


It's nearly midday, and I've not gotten into me sewing room yet!
Instead, I went over to Cambridge and met up with a bunch of FBG's for morning tea.  I also dropped off a Triangular Pouch to one of them.

ABOVE: We have a beautiful day for a change.  And in Cambridge, all you see is piles of dirt!  So much new building going on... it's amazing.  

ABOVE:  Meanwhile, back at home, my plants are doing amazing in the sunroom!
New leaves.

ABOVE:  Succulents having flowers and...

ABOVE:  Baby succulents growing from leaves!  I've never had that happen before.  So exciting!

Yes... I'm a sad git getting so much enjoyment from baby plants, I know.

Right, I'm gunna have some lunch now, then go into the sewing room for about 5 hours.  Then I'll stop cos we have family coming over for a takeaway dinner.

YUS!  Don't have to cook.

ABOVE:  Nope, not four finishes today.  Just three.
It's now 4 pm and I'm done for the day.  My lower back is killing me.  While I LOVE sewing, my back does not sadly.

8.37 pm:  Dinner is all done and dusted, and the kids have gone home.  I'm now taking it easy, trying not to fall asleep!
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I too like people, dogs, traveling, live music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 AM

    My people, their dogs, my work family, my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely family & friends first, spending time with any of them leaves me feeling happy. Other things Omni particular order are good good, reading, work, the gym (never thought I would be one of THOSE) people, a good tv show 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. My happy place is my craft room making greeting cards. Love love love it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say good to hear Steve news fingers crossed improvement continues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:14 PM

    Hope all goes well for Steve, you are so motivated with all your lovely sewing, plants look good. I like people, family and friends, my kitties, supervising my husband in the garden...I love all the spring flowers coming up...going out...decorating my home....shopping for things I like...lol..being retired...but young enough to enjoy... Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. great news about Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing Steve all the best with the new medication. Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plants look gorgeous and healthy. Well done in caring for them. Hope the medicine works well for Steve. One of my daughters has a spinal disease (ankylosing spondylosis) and was finally properly diagnosed and put on Humira. It is nothng short of miraculous what it's done for her ... no pain at all after years of debilitating pain. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:53 PM

    I hope all goes well with Steve's new medication regime and that he starts to feel a huge ongoing improvement in his health. Your plants look amazing - I wish I could grow plants as good as you do. They just look at me and die sadly. I can grow weeds well though 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Baby plants are exciting. I've just misted mine. That's all they need. Got a few from Frank Wong this week. They are beautiful plants. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.