Saturday, April 16, 2022

WE DROVE ON IT FINALLY

 Yesterday we finally, after 11 days, drove onto our new driveway.

ABOVE:  It was so neat!  Nice to get the cars off the road too.  On Tuesday night we will get the  carport moved back into place, then Stew's car can go back under it.

ABOVE:  The little boys got new dressing gowns.  So now they are the latest 'attire' to wear to Grandad's and Grandma's. 



7.45 am, we are just lying in bed, and we hear the sound of a hot air balloon descending.  So up we get....

ABOVE:  Just in time to see the Hamilton balloon drift by.  Standing outside, so much cooler now!
We can see our breath when we exhale.  Nice.

So, now we are outta bed, and starting our day.

Stew is going to do 'his' little grocery shop, which is buying Diet Coke primarily, along with a few other bits 'n' bobs that he gets.

Then once he's home we will go out and about.  Stew has a list of stuff to get from Mitre 10 and other places, I've no idea what!  But I'll tag along for the hell of it.

After that, we shall do the 'normal' grocery shop.  For a change, Stew will be with me and he can lug it all inside for me.  Yeah.

11.30 am, and we have done the shopping, and put some of it away.
I say some, cos I bought a shit load of meat and am going to be cooking it all up and freezing it over the next two days.

Today...

ABOVE:  In the crock pot we have three pieces of corned beef...

ABOVE:  In here I have 5 packs of mince and onions, there will be tomatoes added and beef stock.  Then it will be frozen in small lots, to be used in various ways, like Spaghetti  Bolognese, Shepherd's Pie, Mince on Toast and so on.

ABOVE: These sausages are going to be cooked up and made into curried sausages.

That might be all I do today, but we will see.

Right now, we are going out to return our printer to Harvey Norman's again.

Well going to Harvey Norman's was a complete waste of time.  Even though I told the man it was not going AT HOME with my computer, he tried it, it went, so he said take it home, there is nothing wrong with it.
So we bought it home again... I've not had a chance to try it out again here yet.

I got on to cooking food.

ABOVE: So far I have 6 nights worth of curried sausages and 12 night's worth of basic mince, that can have other stuff added to it as I see fit.

In the oven I have 4 large pork roasts (which will be divided into 8 meals) and two lamb shanks.  In the crock pot there's enough Corned Beef for at least 6 dinners as well.

So, we quickly realised we didn't have enough containers to freeze it all in, so popped out and bought these:

ABOVE:  I hope that will do for what's cooking right now, and what I will be cooking tomorrow.
If not, they are fairly cheap at The Warehouse.

6.15 pm:  In the oven right now we have several Baked Carrot Dishes.  NEXT to go in will be 3 X Chicken and Bacon casseroles, baked in a Tangy Sauce, and two large Lamb Roasts, baked in Mint Sauce.

I am calling it a day after they are done!
Tomorrow I will cook up the rest of the meat.

I don't think there's as much for tomorrow.  I hope!

Now though, OMG I'm near exhausted.  Why do I try to do so much in a day?  I could have spaced it out over 2-3 days, but NO. 😖😒😣

Stew had the audacity to ask "What's for dinner?"   I think he will have to get his own.  I'm not even hungry.

ABOVE:  Miss Muppet photo bombed my Baked Carrot Dish photo.   Oh well, she's damn cute so it's OK.
I will be dividing that lot up into about 8 side dish servings.

The last lot just went in the oven.  So I will be done in a couple of hours time.

I am 100% KNACKERED.
Something tells me I will be sleeping well tonight.  

And that's me done for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck at the supermarket and Mitre 10 crazy busy I'll bet. Gutter cleaning and finishing the gable end today and no it's not blue 🤣 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased that you changed to concrete for your driveway - it really does look amazing and the colour is so much nicer. Happy Easter! 🐰

    ReplyDelete
  3. That MIGHT be all. That is plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how good the driveway looks. I have a gravel road for a driveway so I have never even thought about it before. But the concrete looks heaps nicer than the asphalt did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so amazing Chris! What a nice, happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done with ALLLLLL that cooking! and Happy Easter to all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The driveway looks marvellous . I'm spitting on it 3 times. Gotta keep off the evil eye 😉
    Oh boy, corned beef and decent sausages to curry. Can I come and visit some nights?
    Can't believe how many meals you prepared . Super cook!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you usually cook in bulk Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say/ask the same thing. This is a very good idea, but what inspired it? It will be interesting to see if this helps make preparing dinners easier and more efficient. I just wing it. All the time. I rarely plan ahead. Although, I probably SHOULD plan ahead. It would likely make things easier. But how do I know what I will be in the mood for a week from now!!??? HA

      Delete
  9. I should do some cooking like that since it's just Trevor and I here at the moment. It doesn't seem worth the effort to cook so it would be nice to just pop something in the microwave or oven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m sooooooo coming to your house for dinner curried sausages, corn beef yummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.