Sunday, April 03, 2022

ONE SLEEP TO GO

 After 4 months of living with a terrible, botched driveway job, we are just one sleep away from finally getting the beautiful new driveway we wanted.

I'm just so damn excited!

Today Stew and I only have one small job to do, and that is to take a few boards off the front fence, so we can get in and out of our property while:  

a.  The concrete is going down, and

b.  while the concrete dries.

The driveway is the only way to access our house normally, hence the need to find another way in for a couple of days.

We know that we won't be able to walk on the concrete until at least Tuesday afternoon.

And no cars on it for at least a week.  That won't be a problem.

Daylight saving ended overnight, so we get to stay in bed an hour longer.  Love it!

Once we get up, it will just be a case of getting the fence 'access' sorted, then who knows?

The day is ours.



ABOVE: The day started with another nice, thick FOG.  Certainly Autumn now.

ABOVE:  And that didn't take long...

ABOVE:  We only needed to take off three boards. They will need to be replaced as they were rotten at the bottom.  
They've been there for probably 20+ years, so not surprising really.

ABOVE: And there it is, a little gap to come and go by for the next couple of days.

Now?  I'm thinking of suggesting Stew and I go for a drive somewhere.


ABOVE: Where are we ?

ABOVE: Lunch here. KATE...correct.

ABOVE:  Long way to go for lunch... but who cares. Heading home now.

4.18 pm:  And we are home after spending a few hours in Auckland.
Just had lunch at Garrison in Sylvia Park, wandered around the shops, checked out our old neighbourhood in The Gardens, then came home.

It was just a nice break away from home.  I will be stuck in the house for the next two days watching concrete go down, then keeping neighbour's cats off it till it dries.

It turned into a beautiful day after the fog cleared.
Very warm.  Hoping it's not this warm tomorrow!
Won't be that good for concrete laying if it's blistering hot.
So fingers crossed for a really cloudy day.

Dinner this evening?  Pork bites I think.

6.38 pm: Dinner is in the oven.  And I've just been a visited my immediate neighbours to let them know we will have the concrete company here at FOUR am tomorrow morning!

OMG that is gunna be an early start for us... not that we actually need to get up, but we will.
I want to try and get a video of the first pour!

It's times like this I miss my Mum so much!  I keep thinking "I must tell Mum", then remember she's gone.  

I used to tell her EVERYTHING.  Now I just have to take a deep breath and move on.

Right, enough of that, time to get dinner done.

Catch you TOMORROW!

12 comments:

  1. Our Daylights savings time ended on March 13. Interesting that we have different clock changing dates. Now there is talk of getting rid of the time changes altogether. That would be nice. In the winter here it is dark and freezing at 4pm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up and at it this morning making the most of a sunny day hand washing the winter woolies πŸ‘ got a couple of visitors this morning Kereru (Wood Pigeon) was so surprised that they're in town πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are.....wait wait I no this one.....
    Oh your on the Road lol
    #TheAwesomnessInTheStudio πŸ₯°πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking exactly the same πŸΊπŸΊπŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. Kiwionholidays12:22 PM

    Heading to Tauranga.. ? Will check back later
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorkland!! Sylvia Park?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays2:00 PM

    Aww had I seen the tip top factory that would’ve been a good give away🌲
    Good on you guys doing that,
    The unplanned days in our tight routines ,always come out as winners ,πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    πŸ₯‚ Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want to try their ice cream. Can't imagine Boysenberry but I bet it is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marjorie it is! Absolutely delicious.

      Delete
  8. Love the way you just pop up to Auckland for a bit of shopping or lunch, or over to Rotorua or even down to Tauranga. Seems to me such a long way. I'm obviously living way back in the days of bad roads and slower cars πŸ˜‚
    Crossed fingers for a fabulous driveway .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same as Ma and Pa, I love heading to the Aucks or Tauranga or just getting out of town for the day πŸ™‚
      But then I love driving anywhere just for a drive 😁
      #TheAwesomnessInTheStudio πŸ₯°πŸ˜

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:43 AM

    I know that feeling of making a mental note to tell your mum something. My mum has been gone for nearly three years, and I still do it. All the things that she would have wanted to know, or the things that she would have been so pleased about. Don't be sad about it though, it is the little things that keep them alive in our memories. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.