Tuesday, April 05, 2022

WATCHING TWO THINGS...

 My jobs today?

Watch concrete dry, and wait for the man to arrive this afternoon to do the line cutting.

The lines are to stop it cracking on hot days, it gives the concrete a chance to expand.


ABOVE:  From a distance the concrete looks grey, up close and personal you can see the Black Oxide speckles.  It's lovely.

The second thing?

Watch grass grow...

ABOVE:  When I was watering the 'lawn' last night I noticed we had some small areas of grass emerging already.

That's pretty awesome, it's only been 6 days since we sowed it.  We were told it would take up to 10 days to germinate.  Must still be warm enough to get them seeds popping fast.

I'm thrilled to bits... it won't be long before it's all green again.

The past fews days have been a bit 'busy', with some quite early starts.  So I'm taking it easy today.  Nothing taxing on my agenda at all.

I shall probably go out late this afternoon to get?

Far out, I actually can't remember what I had on my 'To Get List' right now!  It will come back to me eventually.

Right, catch ya later.


I remembered!  Ain't lost me marbles after all.

Later on today I shall pop out to buy some Beer for the concrete guys.
Giovanni is coming back tomorrow to finish off around the heat pump and power cable/downpipe etc, so I want to give him and the guys some beer as a thank you.


WOO HOO!  The driveway looks good this morning.
I was worried all night that somebody would vandalise it in the middle of the night!
But nope, it's all good.
And past that danger now.

I've got a lot to do today.
Put my sewing room back to rights, and move some stuff around in the house.

Also, the room Keera uses is a freakin' mess!
Toys everywhere, bed a mess and so on.
So I've got that to tidy up as well.

I must be getting over the fatigue.... I've been on the go for two hours and still feel OK.
I've got the kid bedroom all tidy again, there were toys and Keera's clothes all over the place.
I've done a little cull of toys, there were just too many.

Then I moved on to the front bedroom.  That had to be emptied of my stuff (up to a point), because Brylee will be moving back here in a week or two.

Eventually, she will have to rent her own place, and be the leesee.  That way other people can't kick her out for batshit crazy reasons.

In the meantime, she will need to rent a storage unit for all her stuff.  There is simply NO ROOM here.

I'm taking a break now.  The sewing room can wait.

ABOVE:  The line cutter guy arrived to mark up the lines.  He will be back later on to actually cut them.  He said we could get cracks!  Bugger if that happens.

ABOVE:  Best thing... we can now walk on it.  No more climbing through the hole in the fence.  That was a minor, but not insignificant pain in the butt.
I don't do 'climbing' on ladders that well.

ABOVE:  Because there was a small crack forming on that corner, he did a cut using his small cutter.  Then he said it's still not quite ready for the rest to be cut, so he's off to another job, and will be back later on this afternoon.

Seems there's a precise 'time' when to do it, and NOT do it.  Who knew?  😂😉

It's lunch time... off to find something to eat.  

ABOVE:  Cutting the lines.  This process STOPS the concrete from cracking in unexpected places.
The man said we shouldn't get any cracks now.  That's a relief!  You don't pay thousands of dollars to get cracks do ya?

ABOVE:  Once the cuts were made, he water blasted it all.
Then once he'd left I washed it and brushed it to get the last residual dust off.

Tomorrow I will take a photo of it dry.  

I've had several neighbours and people walking past make very positive comments about our driveway.

It's such a relief to have it all done, and the driveway fiasco behind us now.

One week from now we can drive on it.  We will probably wait longer, cos that's just what we do.
Better safe than sorry.

Once Stew arrived home, we went to Burger Fuel for dinner, then grabbed the beer for the concrete guys and came home.
Now... relaxing before bedtime.
Which won't be late cos yet again, my eyeballs are hanging out!
So, so tired.

But it was a good day, got all my jobs done and didn't fall into a heap by midday.

15 comments:

  1. So happy that you are able to gets some jobs done but don’t over do it.
    I’m glad that you are happy with your new front yard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to paint a wall so you can add watching paint dry to the list of todays activities hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooosh looking fab peeps 👌 😍 just a thought don't bite me head off would Brylee and Griffin flat together?? 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking really fabulous. Who knew it was such a process. Can't wait to see the final finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Was wondering if such a big section of thin concrete would crack. Can Brylee and Lacy move in together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a thin layer of concrete.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:10 PM

    I've never heard of concrete being cut after it has set so that's interesting. Here, the concrete guys pour the concrete and immediately section it off using string lines as a guide, they also stamp it at the same time with a large rubber 'mat' if a design in the concrete is requested. Just my 2 cents :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:19 PM

    Are you going to spray the concrete for the next seven days two or three times a day to cure the concrete? Looking very good otherwise. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently concrete 'now days' does not require watering to help cure it. So no, we won't be watering it.

      Delete
  8. Looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow looks superb maybe ask concrete guys for advertising sign to put out front…
    That’s a great idea about the flat for Brylee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. U have a huge drive when ya see it from that angle glad u finally get the drive u pay for

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.