Thursday, April 14, 2022

HAIR APPOINTMENT

OK... a photo dump of our mini break:

Our first stop on our way down to Palmerston North was Taihape.  There's a gift shop there that is literally packed to the gunnels with STUFF:

ABOVE: That included a big room at the back of the shop filled with Christmas Trees, decorations, figurines, and so on.  Amazing they don't pack it all away during the year.

ABOVE: To be honest, there was so much crammed into the shop it was hard to see half of it.  But we did manage to find 3 things:



ABOVE:  I could not resist the sign!  The plant pot, well it's gorgeous!  And the blue heart is for our 'heart wall' in our bedroom.

ABOVE:  While in Wanganui we didn't do any shopping at all.  It was all about seeing Stew's sister.  I spotted this gorgeous old seat, so had to take a photo.

ABOVE:  We got this cute little glass bottle in our favourite gift shop in Palmerston North, Regans Furniture Fair.  That shop is AMAZING.  And expensive!  I had to contain myself.  We could have left bankrupt!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

ABOVE:  This is the fabric I bought in Foxton.  Their fabrics were $32 a metre.  
I don't think I got too much, but it still added up to YIKES!  Quite a bit.
NOTE:  Not all of those fabrics are a full metre! 

ABOVE: This is the fabric I got in Putaruru, on our way home.  Most of them are for tree runners, so not so vibrant.  Her prices were much better!
AND she gave us a 10% discount, for no reason at all!

ABOVE:  At some point today I shall put that lot away.

Something different now.

Sandra has a little boy dog named Oscar.
He scratched his eye some time back, and it developed an abscess behind his left eye.  No one knew though.

He was flown up north to join Sandra and Neil on holiday recently, and when he arrived home again, his eye BURST!!!  Well, the abscess burst... resulting in him having to undergo emergency surgery.

ABOVE: The poor boy lost his left eye!
Looking at him from him right side, he looks perfectly 'normal', then when he turns his head you get the full view.
He's looking very woeful.   He's still on the mend, and sleeping a lot.  Hopefully he bounces back soon.

Well, that's a wrap on our little trip away.

Back to normal here now.
I've got a hair appointment at 11.45 this morning which I am really looking forward to.

While I'm out Stew is going to attend to some office work.  He may be on holiday, but work is just piling up, so he will take advantage of me being out to do some catch up.

10.55 am:  Slow start to the day.

Stew is at work.  I'm doing housework.  Totally boring shit.

In half an hour or so I'm off to the hairdresser.  To be bored shitless for three hours.

Thank god for games on me phone.  Otherwise I'd go nuts.

I'm not a 'talky talky' person at the hairdressers.  I'd rather not exchange meaningless chit chat with a total stranger.  They ask the same generic questions to EVERYONE they work on.  Not my thing.

Hopefully I get a lovely hair colour done.

ABOVE: 12 noon. The process begins...

1.13 pm. Probably half way through getting the foils in. My hairdresser is a very sweet girl. We have chatted quite a bit! Not just banal chit chat either, so it's been pleasant so far.

ABOVE: 1.47 pm and all the foils are in. Now we wait. And wait.
My hairdresser has opened the outer door so I've got a lovely breeze on me cos I'm roasting!


ABOVE: THREE HOURS IN....

ABOVE: wet. 

And FINALLY... after FOUR HOURS, I'm home again.
I'm very happy with the colour and curl:

ABOVE:  I feel like a new woman.  Even without makeup, I feel good.

ABOVE: Stewie got me some flowers!  He padded them out with some foliage from our garden too.  What a clever wee man.


Right, we are off to look for a large, vertical freezer to replace the chest freezer.  The chest freezer is too small, and it's hard to keep track of what's in it.

7 pm:  Just home from The Base.  We found a freezer, there's only two of the size we want left in the country.
We ordered one of them.  Hopefully we get it. There is a small chance by the time the company gets the order in we might be gazumped.  Time will tell.

We had dinner at The Base, and are now looking forward to a quiet evening in front of the telly.


25 comments:

  1. Poor little Oscar. Hope he feels better soon. Love the little blue heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think little dog will recover just fine. I had a friend that lost an eye. The body copes. Pup will get used to it. He is still a handsome little devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor puppy - I hope he soon adjusts to his new life.
    I had a good giggle at your sign, and love the colours of your Foxton fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH, You might like the game "I Love Hue" it's very colorful, not stressful, and can be perfectly silent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im with u cant be fagged in the mindless hair salon chatter just as happynto be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to my hairdresser, we have a great laugh. I deliberately make my appointment for Saturday afternoon so we can just hang at the salon πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww ... poor Oscar. I have never heard of that happening. I love the new sign. As for the hairdressers, I think anyone who can sit through three hours at the hairdresser's deserves a medal - I struggle with an hour (thus why I do most of my own colouring these days) - and for my haircuts, I turn up with wet, washed hair and am in and out within about 20 - 30 minutes tops. I can't stand the chemical smells in the hairdressers. I'm probably just too sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Wow she did a great job on your hair, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby Oscar hugs to him and his family 🐢🐢 fab hair chick 😘 on ya Stew The Stud for caring about your woman πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  10. That colour looks great !! Yes vertical freezers are so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing colour and curl. Looks fantastic. What beautiful flowers πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks amazing. Gorgeous colour and style. You look younger with your hair down. Certainly worth time time it took to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair lΓ²ks lovely you look like a model or actress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hair colour, it is perfect on you πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hair looks lovely πŸ’œ. Vertical freezers are awesome yes... good luck πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous hair.....you look amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Your hair looks amazing. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your hair like that. Very soft and flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hair looks ever so lovely. Nice travel momentos. Enjoy the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous1:37 AM

    Your new hair color and style looks good on you. It is always nice to do something for oneself.
    Happy day! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. $32.00 a meter!! Our prices for fabric are cheaper than that, how does your dollar compare to Canadian dollar.
    Love your hair, you should wear it down like that, I know it's difficult to make it look like that yourself, as I have the same problem making me look as if I just came from the salon.
    Love the blue vase too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous3:04 AM

    Lovely colour and curls. Looks great. Lucy UK

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy Moly that is some expensive fabric. I paid 1/2 that and it was a lot for me lol. Your hair looks fantastic. My cat had to have his eye removed and after it was healed he acted just like his old self.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Your hair WOW beautiful. And flowers too. Life couldn't be better ah.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.