Monday, April 11, 2022

THANKS STRESS

 I used to have very thick hair.

Like a lot of people, as I've aged, it has thinned out a bit.

But in the past 2 years?  OMFG, it has lost so much volume!

I was shocked at how much was falling out every day!  I was sure I was going to end up bald.

I talked to my Doctor about it.  He asked me a few questions and then he said:

STRESS.

Pure and simple, my hair loss was down to stress.

All the stress involved in going to Australia and being with my Mum while she battled, then died of cancer.  The nightmare of actually getting there (Quarantine), when we were battling a PANDEMIC.  Then the horrible trip home (Quarantine) while grieving.

Then losing two of my Mum's siblings soon after her death, that was very upsetting.

There were other things going on as well over the past two years, but I won't go there.

COVID.  OMG through all that, we had COVID and all that entailed.

So is it any wonder my hair fell out?

I vowed to stop dying my hair, to give it a rest from chemicals etc. 

Yeah.  Wrong.  I am over the mousy colour and all the grey around the edges!

I've made an appointment to get it dyed again ... for this Thursday.  It's gunna be lovely again.

And it will give me a boost, it always does.

Oh, the other reason I have decided to dye it again?  It's thickened up a bit, so it is recovering.  Whoop whoop!  

No one tell me to wait longer... I'm over it!  I want to have pretty hair again.

Now.  Back to today after that waffle 😂😆.   

We are going to Palmerston North for three days.  Stew has this week off work, so while we wanted to do a big trip from Hamilton -Whakatane - Tolaga Bay - Gisborne - Napier/Hastings,  after their recent flooding we thought it would be prudent to wait until all the roads are repaired.

So... Palmerston North is where we are going.  Taking a lounge chair to Mike and Joyce, catching up with me girlfriends, visit the wind farm, Foxton Fabric Shop, visit Stew's sister in Wanganui then come home again on Wednesday.

Lacy can 'babysit' the dogs and be here to house sit too.  Rather handy having her here.


...we are on the Desert Road. About to stop for some lunch.
Photos soon.

ABOVE: I have never seen the mountains totally devoid of snow before!
We had left over pie for our lunch with a mountain view. Sitting in the car as it was bloody cold. 😊🤣

4.15 pm and we are safely in Palmerston North.  Just settling down to seriously YAK.

Well our evening has gone wonderfully.  Sandra cooked us a lovely roast lamb dinner... followed by desserts.
Chris D was here as well, so we all had a neat catch up.

After dinner we went over and visited Mike and Joyce. Loved seeing them and their gorgeous dog Bo.

I will do photos tomorrow hopefully. 
But for now... catch ya tomorrow. 

13 comments:

  1. Safe and happy travels. Sounds like lots of lovely catch ups along the way 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Have fun on your much deserved trip. Which should wash that stress right out of your hair!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting your hair looking nice will make you feel so much better. Can you ask them to put a treatment through it to help with the health of it when you get it coloured?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently stress you go through now, will show in your hair health in three months. Having it coloured won’t make any difference to that, but will make you feel a whole lot better. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leeann12:32 PM

    I'd trim your hair to just over the shoulder length to give it a refresh, and have a break from having it up so much. Ducking for cover now as you throw a blue glass bottle at me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A trip away sounds just what the doctor ordered. How great the dogs have a built in sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha I totally agree with Leeann, am also ducking for cover as that bottle passes Leeann’s head

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi to Anne from me please Chris....new hair willbe good for your mental health for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your life is always interesting but your trips away and photos are just awesome. Have fun and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time 😃

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a nice time away

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pix!!!! enjoy a well deserved rest xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.