Sunday, April 24, 2022

I FORGOT....AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE

 A long time ago I bought some plastic/rubber thingees online to cook eggs in.  Then totally forgot about them.

Went back to boiling eggs in their shells, and getting crabby as F trying to get the shells off without loosing half the egg.

But, I dreamed about those damn things a couple of nights ago, so found them and tried them out again.

I loathe egg yolk on it's own, so for my egg I put it in the container and shook the shit outta it.

And...



ABOVE: LOOK at that!

Not only did it cook the eggs perfectly ... my one came out 'yellow'.  The yolk is perfectly mixed up with the white.  I'm stoked.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO #5.

STEVE is 35 today.  My god time flies by.

His little family is coming to ours for dinner tonight.  There will be cake.

Not expecting anyone else except maybe Brylee and Dom.  Steve wants to keep it simple, and as it's his birthday ... that's all good, his call.

Now as for today's plans... I think we are hanging around home, Stew might mow the lawns again as they are getting VERY long again.

Keera and I will go and buy a birthday cake for tonight I suppose.


JULIE H:  Instapot?  Hmmm... I think I'm swearing off buying another kitchen appliance!  I've resisted the 'Air Fryer' craze too!

It seems to be the morning/day for little jobs around the place.
Stew has done the lawns, and I've re-potted two plants.  And watered outside pots. 
I bet it rains now.  Certainly has been looking like rain for a while now.

We are heading out soon to look at a new heat pump for the family room.
I wasn't going to get another one till next summer, but it was COLD this morning.

And I'm a wimp.

3.15 pm: So we put off looking at Heat Pumps till later in the week.  I want to speak with the man who serviced our heat pumps a while ago, and get his opinion on which one to get.

Dante and Archer are now here having a play date with Keera.  Steve has picked up the chest freezer, so I've got room back in the garage.

2.29 pm: And Steve and Bex just arrived with all the makings of dinner.  We are now having home made lasagne ... Steve's making it even!

STEVE:  (peeling onions for dinner).

BEX:  "Why don't you put the googles on?"

STEVE:  "Cos it's my birthday, and I'll cry if I want to".

CRACK UP.

ABOVE:  Well Steve outdid himself again.  You simply cannot beat home made lasagne, right down to the lasagne sheets!  Everyone enjoyed dinner very much.
Cake photo tomorrow.

Now though, we are winding down for the evening.

Three kiddos here tonight for a sleep over.

FUN.

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Steve πŸΊπŸŽπŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. You old bugger Steve 🀣🀣 Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Steve!
    I cook my eggs in the Instapot and it makes them super easy to peel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Happy Birthday to Steve !

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I'd love you to get a ducted air conditioning system! You have one main unit and vents in the ceiling which heat your entire home (or cool it in the summer). It's the most amazing thing we have ever invested in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Definitely don't get an air fryer they make you put on weight lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Steve have a beaut day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Steve πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 35 happy birthday Steve hope you have a lovely day..
    Those egg cookers look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Steve.
    Interesting way of cooking eggs. I like my yolk runny and my whites firm so not sure about your gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Happy Birthday Steve. Sounds like a delicious dinner. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Steve 🍾

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday Steve

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Gosh, the boys are growing and changing. Very handsome young boys. Obviously looking forward to that lasagne. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to Steve!!! πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Steve ! That is an awesome lasagne 😁 I can almost smell it from Scotland !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday Steve! That lasagne looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know right, I need more counters for all the small appliances that Trevor keeps bringing in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday Steve!
    I would love to have some of your lasagna. It is my FAVORITE food!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The peeling egg trick - is to plunge the eggs in ICE cold water immediately after cooking. Leave them there while you water the grass or fold laundry and when you come back they peel super easily. ICE ICE BABY!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's called a scrambled egg boiler! Happy Birthday Stew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chris,
    Do you remember the name of that egg thing? I'd love to get one!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.