Wednesday, April 27, 2022

SEWING TODAY

 I'm really looking forward to making a start on the first block of my next quilt.

Changing those pieces of paper for fabric.

Actually, I need to sort out what fabrics I shall be using first I suppose.

They have to kinda 'go' together.

I'm doing a quilt like this:


ABOVE:  There's a bit of colour co-ordination going on, even if it's not obvious.  I love the pops of blue.  Funny that eh?

Apart from sorting out fabrics, and cutting some stuff out... it's highly unlikely that I will do any actual sewing on the quilt yet.

I'm going to be joining three blocks together, then quilting them, before moving on to the next three blocks and so on.  That way I can 'quilt as I go'.  It will only be my second large quilt done that way.

Sorta exciting.  WELL.... for a sewer it is anyway!  😂😆😋

Of course, before I get to the sewing room, there is always the housework.

OH and getting on the treadmill.  I am starting to do a small walk on the treadmill every morning, first thing.  Trying to get my fitness level back up so I can re-join my walking group in Cambridge sometime soon.

Right, enough waffling..... catch ya later.


11.25 am:  OK, slight change of plans for the morning.
Yes, it happens a lot... me changing my plans.

But life is not set in concrete is it?

Anyway I digress.
I went out looking for the new heat pump.

I think I've sorted it out, but we are waiting for an installation guy to call in and suss out the three options.

ABOVE:  Option 1 is to just put a new one exactly where the old one is.  

Option 2 is to put it further over so that it blows more into the family room, and not at the opposite dining room wall first, as it does at present.

and Option 3 is:


ABOVE:  Put a new one here, so it's blowing directly onto the seating area, and the outside unit ends up down the side of the house (out of sight), not out the front of the house.

So, I'm pretty much twiddling my fingers until I can discuss it with the install man.

At least it's not really cold yet.  I've not been bitching yet eh?  Gimme time.

ABOVE:  Choosing just the right fabric to go where is proving to be very time consuming.  I've only got ONE flower done... and by done I mean the fabric is cut out.
NOT sewn on or anything like that!

It's now 1.50 pm and I'm stopping for some lunch.  

6.30 pm:  And I spent part of the afternoon turning all those pieces of paper and card into proper pattern pieces using rigid plastic sheets.

Then I finished making all the pieces for the first block.

Tomorrow I will stick them all down using iron on fusing stuff. (Vliesofix)

Now.  Quiet evening ahead.  Watch some telly.  Yak with the man.  Etc.
Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Stunning, I love that quilt so much. My favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Can't wait to see the quilt in progress, it will be stunning! And good luck on the new heat pump. In the last year i am new to zone heating, always having had ducted central heat & air...and I really love the merits of zone heating. Why totally cool or heat a room that you are not in, etc. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be a fun quilt. I think the heater man will be able to advise and give good reasons for whatever they suggest. One would hope, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks great 👍 Option Two for me but hey I don't live there 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:37 PM

    Ask them about a floor option -really good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:30 PM

    That is a very good start on the quilt. I love the colors. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Omg that quilt is gonna be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:29 PM

    I like Position 2 but don't they have to be on an outside wall? Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flower fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those colours, the quilt will be omg stunning 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quilt! It's going to be beautiful. I’d go for the 3rd position so that the unit is out of sight 😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.