Sunday, April 17, 2022

A BIT LATE!

 8.56 am.

I totally slept in, like I just woke up!


ABOVE: This is me, 100% just woke up face.  Not pretty.  All puffy.  Bed hair.  No make up.  

And I don't give a shit. (but thanks phone filter, it's taken out all me wrinkles!)

I woke at 3.33 am and stayed awake until easily 6.30 am.  Most annoying.

So anyway... it's  looking like a gorgeous day.

Stew is feeding the kid, the dogs are up and all is good.  

Well... I say that right now.  But I reckon there's a storm brewing.

Let's see what the day brings shall we?


10 am, and I finally get a chance to try out the computer. And the damn thing works.  FOR NOW.

Let's wait and see what happens over the next few days shall we?

Steve and Bex just arrived... so Keera's thrilled to bits.  She just loves seeing them.
So do the dogs, they have gone nuts.

11.55 am:  I've just spent almost an hour making something I've never made before.
Apple/raisin/cinnamon scrolls, using a scone base.
I'm winging it with the recipe.  Literally just made it up as I went.

ABOVE:  If they come out OK, that's lunch.
If they are a disaster, we are having hot dogs and chips!


ABOVE:  Well, we are not having hot dogs and chips!
The 'scrolls' came out AMAZING!
Definitely worth the time they took.
Even Steve is eating them, and he's no fan of fruit in baking.

Magpie:  recipe? Ummmm, I just made it up.

I cooked 6 granny smith apples with a big handful of raisins and lots of brown sugar and a big teaspoon of cinnamon on the stove top.

I made a scone dough using 5 cups of flour, 5 teaspoons of baking powder, about 2 big handfuls of grated tasty cheese and one handful of grated butter, mixed it all together with milk.

Rolled out small sections into strips.

Then I drained the fruit mix, and put some of it on the rolled out scone dough, and then rolled each piece up.  

Arrange them in a baking dish and baked at 200 d C for about 30 minutes.

That's about it.  Topped it off with icing sugar mixed with a little water.

It was a bit messy and time consuming, but so worth it!

All is quiet here ... for now.  The family has gone home, with our dogs and Keera.  'Play Date' time. 

They will be back for dinner, which is a nice rich beef stew.
With mashed potatoes and veges.

8.23 pm:  Well dinner was delicious, and there's enough left over to put a meal in the freezer.
Freezer is pretty much full to the brim now!

Watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody... very entertaining.

9 comments:

  1. Uh Oh. Does this mean there will be an angry wet cat for the nite nite picture?
    Is it Easter there?
    I certainly wish you and the family a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    If your printer is connected to your PC, take the hard drive with you next time you take the printer. Thee may be something wrong with the settings if it works in the shop but not at home. My printer wouldn't work after we moved but then realised that we hadn't found the USB cable, once found and plugged in to the hard drive, it worked again!! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The printer connects to the computer via Bluetooth, so it's not a 'cable' problem. But yes, if it doesn't work here again, I will take in my computer as well as the printer.

      Delete
  3. Do you connect via a router? Sometimes my printer decides it is on a different router than the one it should be and it won't print. My computer engineer son had to tell me this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:04 PM

    Oh again I wish I lived closer. I'm sure those scones will be delicious. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those scone scrolls look amazing, would you be able to post the recipie please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:24 PM

      Not the recipie Chris used - but here is a GREAT scroll recipie - super easy and yum
      https://www.recipetineats.com/no-knead-cinnamon-rolls/

      Delete
  6. The recipe sounds yum but you can't go wrong with what I assume is a New Zealand raised Granny Smith. I have always thought they were the best apples in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lovely day.
    It is Easter today. My concrete lawn goose is dressed up as a bunny rabbit! Wish I could send a pic.
    We are expecting snow~ which is late in the season even for Minnesota. (very close to Canadian border)
    I might start a puzzle. That sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.