Friday, April 22, 2022

MAYBE NOT

 Another long weekend looms.

And I had thought of Stew and I (and Keera) going to the Mount tomorrow.

But I read on the news that there is expected to be huge traffic delays on the road over the weekend, so 😩😪😫  maybe it will be a 'stay at home' weekend.

I'm sure we can find something to do here in Hamilton?  Maybe if the weather is nice a walk along the river bank?  A nice lunch out somewhere?

Meanwhile, I will potter around here, getting a few odd jobs done.  Mostly washing.  And some general cleaning.



...  so two jobs already staring me in the face this morning, apart from the usual.

One:  I forgot to clean the chest freezer yesterday (thanks Bridgerton).  And I STUPIDLY closed the lid.
Got up this morning and opened the lid.

FUCK ME DAYS!
THE SMELL!  OMG I slammed that lid shut so fast!
I then threw a half bottle of disinfectant into it and shut the lid again.
I'll do it later.

Right now I just need to find a mask and soak it in perfume before I go near that bitch again.

Two:  I am going to get the jig saw out...

ABOVE:  I am gunna saw off the corner of this table.  That way every time we open the new freezer it doesn't bang into the table.  I don't want a huge dent in me new freezer door do I?

So.  Plenty to keep me occupied this morning.

Oh and something else.  My phone has been 'glitching' lately.
Just so annoying.  Do 'they' do something remotely to make ya phone play up so you have to get a new one or what?
This morning I went to my photos to look for something, and ALL the photos I had deleted were back again!
Like every single one from day DOT.  They should have been in the Recycle Bin, or gone forever.
NOPE.  All back in my 'normal' album.

And for the past few days when I've tried to view something online... nope.  Won't let me.
It's doing my head in.  I don't want to get a new phone, I love my phone!

And I'm up to 124,159,884 on my 2048 Game!
I don't want to lose my game AGAIN... which is what happens when you get a new phone.  The game and it's current score does not transfer over.

9.30 am:  Bex just rang... and my immediate thought was "Oh , I bet she's gunna offer to come around and clean the freezer!"
But no.  Something else entirely.

AND... I had just finished cleaning the damn thing anyway.  
And I've cut that corner off.

And done half me morning jobs too boot.
ON.  A.  ROLL.....

WHY?  WHY?....
Amanda manages some 2nd Hand Hospice type shops.  She just posted a photo of a lounge chair:

ABOVE:  I saw it and was like... MUST HAVE IT!
WHY when I have NO ROOM at all in my house for yet another chair?

And.... then I saw sense and told her I couldn't have it after all.  I have no room.  NO ROOM.  Dammit.


Well I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I'll take it.
I just put two dishes of baked potato/onion/cheese in the oven.

We shall have some tonight with our Chicken Sausages, Carrot Dish and salad, and the rest can go in the freezer.

I made sure there was some room for it in the freezer before cooking it.  Just some juggling around is all it took.

I just finished watching Bridgerton 2.  It was very good after a slow, predictable start.
Now I'm totally looking forward to Bridgerton 3.

After moving a few things around, I've come to the very sad conclusion there really is nowhere to put that lovely blue chair.

I even discussed it with Stew.  He said the same thing.  We simply do not need it, or have anywhere to put it.

Dinner... was OK.  Now we are just hanging out with the kid till bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Morning I really want to go to Hobbiton one day and call in for a visit. What about a bike ride somewhere?? Off for a long overdue haircut this morning can't wait 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very awesome chair.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I'd adore that blue chair!!!! Happy long weekend eve, have a great dayxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get rid of another chair so you can fit that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im heading to twizel forthe weekend was to be yesterday but lady im going with had a unexpected delay so this afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chair!I'd buy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would just buy the chair and you can give it to me 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol you don't need the chair 🤣 😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Lovely chair. I'd love it. Lucky I'm too far away. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lovely, I know I don't comment often - hardly ever but thought I'd tell you how I freeze a lot of stuff like spag bol, curries, fried rice etc. I let them. Cool bait in the pit then put them in zip lock bags. That way you can flatten them and you ve no containers or their headroom wasting space. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to suggest the same thing. I freeze most stuff in zip lock bags and they take no room. Another thought Chris is to invest in a vacuum seal. You can freeze most anything and takes up hardly any room.

      Delete
    2. Just seen all my typos in this 🙃 but hopefully you got the gist xx

      Delete
  11. Love the chair, but like you I have no room

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a beautiful chair, it's so tempting when you see something so lovely(and I bet at a good price) but it's a difficult choice to make if you've no room. I just got a beautiful freebie canvas of a boat/sea scene on marketplace which I thought might do my daughter (she has a nautical theme in her bathroom) but I didn't check the size and it's mahoosive ! I think it will suit a wall here when I move things around for woodburner stove being installed this winter, but meanwhile have had to wrap it in a big sheet and hide it under a bed as it wouldn't fit in the loft or shed ! It is gorgeous though (the boat and it's mooring rope are in relief so it's quite different) and it was FREE 😁 Hope you have a lovely weekend with Miss Keera.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Will the chair fit in your entry area?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok here’s a thought when you buy something take something away I say get the chair give one away 😂

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have wonderful long weekend. Hope you find fun things to do. To bad about the chair!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.