Wednesday, April 20, 2022

THAT WAS A MISSION AND A HALF

 Steve and Bex came over last night to help Stew move the carport back into position.

Griffin was supposed to arrive to help too, but he ended up working later than anticipated and didn't turn up in time to help.

So those three (Stew, Steve and Bex) did it on their own!  I tried to help, but I simply had NO strength at all.  Nothing in the tank.

But between them, they did it!

It really was a huge effort.  That thing weighs 320 kilos and is very cumbersome.



ABOVE:  I took that photo in the dark... but it still looks amazing.  So, so happy with it, and the driveway of course.


ABOVE:  Griffin did arrive.  So I fed him.  And the dogs sat there and begged.  


ABOVE:  I read this and thought, YEP, totally me at the moment.  Just plugging away, trying to do what I can with what energy I have.

Again, I overdid it yesterday and did far too much.  So helping move the carport was impossible.  I tried.  Couldn't do it.  Lesson learnt.

STOP thinking I can do everything.  I'm not a spring chicken anymore!

I'm not telling you what I'm doing today.  Cos even I don't know!

Catch ya later.



WHY does the phone ring when you are not only in the shower, but have shampoo all over ya head?
I swear to god next time I'm NOT going to answer the damn thing.

But anyway... I'm spending the morning on myself.  Washed me hair, gunna dry and curl it, put me face on and feel semi decent.
Took 6 months growth off the legs too!  Hee hee... me hairy legs were adding a kilo to me weight I swear.
Oh weight?

Strangely enough, it's going down.  I don't know how or why, but I'll take it.  Probably not eating lollies much anymore ?

Well I'm still naked!  And the phone rings AGAIN.
I'm resigned to not getting dressed any time soon.
But... *SQUEALS*... our new freezer has arrived and we can pick it up this afternoon.
I'm thrilled to bits.
Not only that it's already here, but that we actually got it!
There were only two left in the country of that particular size/brand... and WE GOT ONE.
I'm so happy.
And naked.   Still naked...

Stew took an early lunch.... and came home to pick up the trailer.
Then we both went and picked up the new freezer:

ABOVE: All going well, I should have everything transferred over to the new freezer by tomorrow.  Then Steve and Bex can take the chest freezer.
They only have a regular fridge/freezer unit, so can't store much at all in their little bottom freezer.
They will love having the extra capacity to freeze more than 3 night's meat and a loaf of bread!

Nice quiet afternoon here.   I've got nacho mince heating, so Stew will get dinner tonight! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

Apart from cooking dinner... nothing happening here.  I'm defrosting the chest freezer before cleaning it for Steve and Bex.  Probably have that done by bedtime.

Well dinner was OK... I'm not much of a fan of nacho mince as it usually repeats in a nasty way.  So I just had a very small helping.  Stew loves it and had seconds.

Time to sign off for the day.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Don't forget that it's going to take a while to completely recover from COVID. I'm on my fourth day with it and I don't think I'll be moving a carport any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to get dressed before picking up the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did remember me clothes before we went out! πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š

      Delete
  3. Kiwionholidays11:59 AM

    Hey the carport looks fantastic,
    So happy you didn’t end up helping , sometimes us girls do it cos we’ve always done it but I. The end the strength of our guys n younger ones usually balance it all out ,
    Love that saying you added .

    Fabulous that your freezer turned up too,
    It’s a neat feeling isn’t it when we need to update something and family and friends can use our then excess

    I can’t believe how nice the weather still is and it’s nearly May already

    Enjoy the day and love every minute you can on R&R ,
    We all need to stop n smell the roses πŸ’
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am delighted you got the freezer. I am waiting for a review on the upright freezer as I have wondered about one for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the night colours of your carport and driveway..looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your freezer came with a lock, tie the key on a string to the door handle and keep it locked. It prevents the door from being left open, which can happen easily with an upright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. We have a small freezer in the garage (about the size of a bar fridge) as there is only the two of us but we can buy frozen on special. Just have to remember it's there!
    The carport looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carport and driveway look amazing next long weekend you can all relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope u werent still naked when u picked up the freezer, i sold my frèzer when i moved in here cause countdown is only around the corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carport looks great! Wonderful news on the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.