Thursday, April 21, 2022

A BIT SURPRISED

I loaded all the frozen meals from the chest freezer into the new vertical freezer yesterday, and I was a bit surprised to find it really only fitted all that lot in, with very little room to spare!

The new freezer is twice the height of the chest freezer, but not as wide.

Still thought it would give me heaps more room!

Yes, there is a bit more room, but certainly not as much as I expected.

ABOVE: I suppose the main benefit is that I can see and find, and GET OUT what I want so much easier. I do love it, don't get me wrong.... I'm just surprised it's internal capacity seems to be much the same as the chest freezer.

On paper, it seemed to be almost a third more.  Shelves and drawers take up space I suppose.

Anyway, enough about that.

Today's plans?  I might do some sewing.

I have a market next month sometime, so I should really do a few finishes.  

10.27 am. I'm out shopping. I mean... going clothes shopping when you are grossly overweight is FUN right?
At least its good motivation to EAT LESS SHIT.
Those dressing room mirrors need to all fuck off, particularly that one that gives you a 'rear view!

ABOVE: So far I've found a plain, long sleeved skivvy and another black n white top. Its exactly the same as one I already have which has a few marks on it that won't come off. Its a favourite top so worth getting another one.
Right. Off to check out a couple more shops before heading home. 

So, no more clothes bought.  But I did stop into the supermarket for some pastry.  I also got some lovely beef patties and chicken sausages.
AND they fitted in the freezer... slim things.. still got room!
It's a lovely, lovely freezer.  I can see everything.  AS someone said, you lose so much stuff in the bottom of a chest freezer... and we sure did.  We ended up throwing out quite a bit of expired food.

But no more.

Gosh I'm tired.  Been walking around shops for 2 and a half hours.  That counts as exercise I do believe.

I arrived home to find my washing, that was still washing in the machine, hung out for me.  Why thanks Lacy.

One less job for me to do right now.  Now.  What to have for me lunch?

I am watching Bridgerton.  I've been putting it off as long as possible... so that it was something to look forward to when I'm bored shitless.  Like today.  I'm up to Episode 4 now... it's finally getting interesting.  
I dunno.  It's so predictable this time.

Right.  One episode to go.  I'll watch it tomorrow.   Now watching Coronation Street, then off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. That’s a wee bit annoying Chris on your storage expectations. That’s why I am a useless online buyer, I just don’t do it anymore as I end up sending everything back. I much prefer checking stuff out in the flesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the shelves and drawers seem to be doing it. But they are also what makes this freezer so much more accessible. I think things get lost at the bottom of chest freezers only to be seen again several years later due to lack of food, or power outage or whatever. Generally people don't excavate the entire chest freezer in order to find some mystery package at the bottom! haha
    I myself, only have a tiny freezer on top of the fridge. Used mainly for ice for the DIET COKE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lost a lot of space when we went to a vertical freezer. Drawers are a pain. But much more convenient. We just don't buy stuff until the freezer has room to store it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shut Up! Grossly overweight,,,, my ass. We are ALL grossly overweight and need clothes. You look lovely. You are beautiful. Find some clothes and enjoy! To hell with the ASS mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morbidly obese here and feeling it...my breathing is shot my knees ankles and now hips r on the way out and when i see photos of me when i got down to size 12 14 i get so upset...i promised myself id never put the weight back on cant even keep a promise to myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I too vowed I'd never put the weight back on. I am 25 kilos less than my heaviest weight, but I still hate myself. We CAN do it again Felicity, if we really try hard.

      Delete
    2. If you weren’t needle phobic I would suggest the new wonder injection but even though the needle is super fine I can’t imagine you doing it Chris

      Delete
  6. I also found the second series of Bridgerton more predictable but still enjoyed it. Weight? Yeah I think we are all in the same boat. I don't think two years of lockdowns and restrictions helped any of us or is that just an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeh, I do so remember the shock of those NZ dressing room mirrors. It was so exciting to finally find clothes that fit me and then .... Huge dressing rooms with mirrors all around omg. Here you're lucky to even find a mirror in the store. If it fits it's fine .
    You are wonderful. Don't kick yourself. It's just taken me two years to lose 25 kilos....for the umpteenth time. I've kept it off over a long bloody cold covid winter. That's a first. Just need to lose the rest now.
    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you be doing a show and tell of the new clothing finds?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.