Friday, April 01, 2022

AND IT STARTS...

 First up, Griffin COOKING!


ABOVE:  He did well!  Now he has a lovely cake to take over to his girlfriend tonight!

That HE cooked.

Next week I'm going to walk him through cooking scones.

CONCRETE PREP DAY.  Today and tomorrow the guys will be working on our driveway.

I think today will mostly be ripping up the damn asphalt and getting rid of it.

I never want to say ASPHALT again after today.

They are due here fairly early, so I better not dither around in bed any longer.... time to get up and start the day.  WHOOP WHOOP!


Stew and I woke at 5 am.

And the guys didn't arrive until 8.30 am.  Long time just waiting, and waiting.
But they are here now, and they have started chipping away to the edges.
The digger arrives at 10 am.


ABOVE:  Some of the guys already here.
We have a fog today, so much cooler start to the day.

ABOVE:  11.30 am.  Progress has stalled.   The digger has not turned up.
BUGGER.
Not sure what's happening now.


ABOVE:  11.40 am, waiting for the digger.  It should be here in about 15 minutes.

ABOVE:  It's here!  And there it goes, it's first scoop recorded.

12.45 pm:  let's see how long this takes...

ABOVE: Two hours in with the digger, and about a third of the driveway is ripped up.

Originally they thought they would have it all prepped today, but with the delay with the digger arriving late, they will definitely be here tomorrow to do the rest of the prep work.

5.53 pm:  Well they are still going!
The last scoop of asphalt got dumped in the big black truck about half an hour ago.
They guys are now working on levelling the ground.

ABOVE:  I don't know how much longer they will work tonight?
Certainly will see them back tomorrow I think.  But let's see, they might keep going till it's ready for concrete on Monday!

Stew has cooked dinner tonight.  We are having lamb chops and veges.

ABOVE:  Those guys worked until almost 8 pm!  What awesome workers.
Some of the guys are coming back tomorrow to get the rest of the steel mesh down, so it's ready for Monday.

Now though, I'm absolutely knackered and am almost thinking about going to bed.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my! What excitement! Let us pray it goes smoothly and looks and feels amazing when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea teaching Grffin to bake. Good luck with the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    I thought you said you never want to see asphalt again and that would have limited your trips out to your back and front garden!! Then I realised you said "say" so that's all OK you will still be able to go on road trips! Good luck for your new driveway - can't wait to see it finished. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leeann12:47 PM

    I was thinking the same thing about the large pot, but it looks like the digger guy knows what he is doing! Exciting to see it happening

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the progress shots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Tell them to dump that truckload on the asphalt guys driveway lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could, but knowing him he'd prosecute me!

      Delete
  7. Wow - I didn't realised it was so thick. Thanks for the video and progress shots. It is fascinating to watch. We have a gravel driveway - top quality... ha!! Still regularly reading over here but haven't been commenting much. Sorry! But I do really appreciate your daily updates and your blog has become part of my daily routine. Keep writing xx
    I am also still interested in buying one of your original cat runners - I think it was the first one you did? I will send you an email. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you happy with the workmanship so far? Aside from the delay..... Are they being neat and tidy and thorough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are lovely guys. Doing a hard job very well.

      Delete
  9. Some great shots of the progress, what an absolute disgrace that you have to endure all this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief 🙄 😳

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:25 AM

    Awesome to watch men work. Looks like they do a good job too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good so far. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet the boys loved watching the digger! I can't make out your nite nite pic. Are you happy or not happy? Cats usually mean not happy, but this photo looks rather chill and hilarious at the same time. So I assume GOOD mood!
    Happy the driveway is getting resolved finally. What a mess it was!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.