Friday, April 15, 2022

THE BACKYARD

 My 'vision' for the backyard is finally completed:


ABOVE:  It has gone from a horrible messy area, to a really lovely green strip.

It has made a HUGE difference don't ya think?



ABOVE:  It took a lot of effort on both our parts, but so worth it.

Now that is done, and the driveway... I can't think what else needs 'doing' around here!

Probably NOTHING except regular maintenance.  I'm sure Stew is thrilled about that! 😃😂😅


HAPPY EASTER everyone.  We have no plans, except relax at home.  Do some shopping.  Hang with family.

What are you doing?  Anyone got exciting plans?

Share!



ABOVE:  10.43 am.  And I've just finished a big job!
I switched all my summer/winter clothes in the dressing room.  All the summer clothes are now in the wardrobe and winter clothes are in the 'room'.  It was a good chance to tidy up the room too.  It was a bit of a dumping ground.  All done now.

I  have taken photos of all the shoes in the shoe baskets and will put them on the front of each basket, that way I know what's where.  Well.... I will print them out once the printer is WORKING.

Yep.  It came back from the repair shop after two weeks, it printed ONE picture for me, then... NOPE.
Not going to work again.
I'm beyond annoyed.  
I've not had a functioning printer for MONTHS.
It's going back tomorrow, when the shops open again.

While I was fluffing around in my dressing room, Stew went outside and weeded down the 'dogs' side of the house.  It doesn't matter how much weed killer we spray down there, the damn weeds come back.   Anyone know of a weed killer that actually kills weed for good?

Right, I might just have something to eat now.  Could be called late breakfast, or early lunch?
Oh hold on, there's a word for that right?  BRUNCH.   😂😅😋

2 pm:  Steve and Bex called in for a visit.  After they left Stew made us some bacon salad sandwiches for lunch.  My 'brunch' was just a hot cross bun.

We are now just relaxing in the family room, watching the telly!  Totally lazy day really.

5.26 pm:  And sticking with the starting theme.... 

ABOVE:  Stew mowed the new lawn.  He kept the mower quite high so he didn't muck up the ground.  It took him about 8 minutes to mow our entire backyard!
So, gosh, we added about 3 minutes to the job by adding the lawn where the grapevine used to be.  lol  😂😆😊

ABOVE:  Stew 'slaving away'...

ABOVE:  While us girls sat and cheered him on.

Stew is cooking us Lamb Rissoles, Mashed cheesy potatoes, veges and gravy for dinner.

Then I will be watching the Channel 1 movie, The Green Mile.
Tom Hanks.  My most favourite actor of all time.
I've seen The Green Mile probably 20? times, but I'm happy to watch it again!  lol  

After that... bed I suppose.
Signing off early as there ain't nothing else happening around here that I know of.

19 comments:

  1. Work work working 😮‍💨
    All Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That area really does look great. IS that the NEW grass? It is lovely grass. I have no Easter Plans. We did go see family last weekend as there was a new born baby to cuddle. But they are 5 hours away - so it shall be a while before we go back. If our snow ever melts, I want to try planting grass seed. How did you plant it? Did you have a special gadget to disperse the seed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The 'gadget' i used was my hand! Simple to do. No expense.

      Delete
  3. It looks so much better! Really nice. Can tell you did lots of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:04 AM

    We are planning quiet Sunday at home; expect my partner's son & his girl to come by dinner, which is very simple; ham, mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots (which we have had so often over the winter I told partner not to make them and he wants them so I said fine, you make them!), boiled onions (my request because we I was sick thru the holidays in December / New Years and didn't get to have them then), relish tray & deviled eggs and simple cherry cake for dessert. I have tomorrow off for Good Friday (1st time in 15 years !!!) and I am going to get a few extra groceries and milk as we are almost out and don't want to go out on Saturday! Dawn P. Albany, Georgia USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:39 AM

    It looks awesome. Great work both of you. I'm going into town this morning to visit my little sister. Just had surgery so I'm going to do the heavies, and tomorrow I'm going to Paraparaumu to visit a succulent dealer and see her garden. She's delivered my plants twice while in the area. A new friend I hope. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yard, your driveway and your house look lovely. You all did a good job and persevered. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new lawn. Well done to you both. We just got another fierce snowstorm so will be home alone for Easter. One son can't come due to closed roads and the others are too far away. Everywhere here is closed for Good Friday, Easter and Easter Monday. We are having ham, mustard sauce, potato casserole, jellied salad and strawberry crepes if I am lucky to find whipped cream on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you located with the nasty Blizzards? So sick of winter here in Northern Minnesota - Snow yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I want to plant grass!

      Delete
    2. I am north of you but not sure how far. I am in Northwestern Ontario which borders Minnesota. We have had a too long cold winter in this part of the country and I totally understand why you are sick of it. Roll on summer asap.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Dang, that grass is amazing and growing so quickly. Good luck with it, your hard work shows! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:22 AM

    This is what I use:

    1 gallon white vinegar
    2 cups epsom salt or table salt
    ¼ cup dawn dish soap

    Mix until salt is dissolved. Spray on weeds.

    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks great and I bet Stew will be pleased that it's all done! I don't think anything kills weeks for good, you always have to spray from time to time. I use that awful G360 (Roundup but cheaper when you buy it without the brand name) and it keeps the weeds down for a long time. Other than that you can simply pour boiling water over weeds and it will kill them for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The grass looks amazing. We bought a weed killing flame thrower from Bunnings. It's great fun to use and does kill the weeds but nothing will stop new ones seeding (thank you wind and birds).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:23 PM

    The garden looks great!!!

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. The yard looks great! I never have enough clothes to change out, I just get rid of the stuff I never wore (I hardly have any storage space lol)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure how many times that ive seen green mile but tears at the end

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the long weekend. Yard looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Green Mile is one of the movies Scott would watch almost every weekend when they came on. It was that, Shawshank Redemption or a Harry Potter movie lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.