Wednesday, April 06, 2022

LAST LITTLE BIT

 Today Giovanni comes back and tidies up the last little bits around the heat pump and power/fibre/downpipe etc.

Then we can safely say it is totally done.

It's supposed to rain, so a 'dry' photo might not happen today.

We will see.  I can't tell if it's raining or not from me bed!

And I'm not getting up yet.  I'm sleeping in.

Catch ya later.


8 am:  We had rain overnight, so the concrete is still wet.  So no point taking a photo.
So instead.... ya get grass:

ABOVE:  It is growing beautifully.  So happy we did it, even though it was a right bitch of a job, and dragged on for far too long.

Do you realise that FINALLY, our home is exactly as we want it, all the changes and replacements etc are DONE!

It has taken 2 years and 4 months, and quite a lot of money, but it is worth it.  This home is now totally how we wished it to be.

FELICITY:  You are right, a lot has happened for 'Team Harvey'.

But in saying that, I think MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people all around the world have had very unsettling and eventful happenings over the past 2.4 years.

Covid has affected literally everyone in one way or another.
It's been a tough couple of years.  
I hope and pray that soon life will settle back into a 'new normal' for everyone.

3.45 pm:   And wow, it really has been a quiet day!  I've pottered around the house and yard, just doing little jobs here and there.

I'm about to put a chicken in the oven for our dinner.  And I might pop down to the supermarket for a few bits 'n' bobs.  Maybe a nice salad to go with that chicken.

4.45 pm:  Well I'm glad I went to the supermarket when I did.  The traffic was building up when I came out of there.
Got the few things I needed... shouldn't have to go back for a week hopefully.

8.23 pm: Well dinner was just lovely.  Now we are just watching the telly till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. RuthW in MD7:28 AM

    That was so much fun, reading back over the last concrete pouring posts! Good Luck watching your concrete drying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have finally got your home finished! It really is your happy place now. One suggestion, have you got one of those ceiling staircases for storage in the attic? You probably do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2yrs 4 months wow that went fast mind u a lot has happened for team Harvey in that time. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realise you moved just before Covid. We've been here nearly 5 years and it is still work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Well done you guys on getting your house organized so quickly. Mind you Chris, you are a very motivated individual and that has a lot to do with it, plus Stew is so handy and able to do so much DIY stuff. Your concrete driveway looks GREAT. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:03 PM

    You don't know how happy I am for you and Stew Chris. What a chore the drive has been but wow it looks awesome. Now you can sit back and enjoy all the hard work. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEEHAH GO TEAM HARVEY 👏 👍 let's hope you can relax soon and enjoy your hard efforts. I cheat with rice salad Uncle Ben's Asian Poke Bowl Soy and Ginger just add my own bits and bobs yummo 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy all your had work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to believe you have been in this house for that long and finally you have it how you wanted it. But, knowing you through blogland, I cannot see you not doing something else in the future, for now though, enjoy the fruits of your labour.
    Driveway looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.