Tuesday, April 19, 2022

BACK TO NORMAL AROUND HERE

 But what is 'normal' any more?

Yep.  Stew goes back to work today, in the office.  NO MORE working from home.

All Covid restrictions at his work have gone, except mask wearing when around clients as far as I know.

Next weekend is another 'long' weekend, thanks to ANZAC Day.  Then it's the long slog through winter with hardly any long weekends.

If you don't know what ANZAC Day signifies, please Google it!

I've explained it a few times over the years, but seriously, just Google it if you are curious.

Today I will be doing my usual 'Monday' jobs, just a day later.  Washing.  Cleaning the house.  Tidying up after the weekend.  And so on.

Totally boring shit.  I might go to the supermarket for a couple of items we have run out of... cleaners actually.  But that's about all.

So, until later...


11.30 am:  Just back from the supermarket.
Spent nearly $300 ... only went for loo cleaner!!!

One thing after another.
My laptop keeps freezing on me.
I have to keep turning it off and on.... usually waiting 5 - 10 minutes before trying it again.
I might have to take it in to be looked at ... cos if not I might get mad enough to smash the damn thing with a hammer.
Yeah.
Temper, temper!

So, I made more of the scone scrolls.  This time, instead of cutting the scone mixture up into separate pieces and rolling them out and filling them individually, I tried just rolling out the entire amount of scone dough.  And then putting the filling on and rolling it up.

DON'T.  DO.  THIS.  What a fucking mess that was.

It stuck to the bench, even though I'd heavily floured it.  I managed to get it all cut up and into a cake pan, but I have no idea how it's gunna come out now.  Grrrr.  

All going well, our carport will be back in it's rightful place tonight.  Whoop!

I just finished vacuming the house and washing the floors.  I'm done for the day.  
Dinner is mince out of the freezer, turned into nacho mince, having it with nacho chips and sour cream.

So... the carport is back in place.  It was a mission.
More on that tomorrow.

Griffin arrived late.  He was starving so I gave him groceries, and our dinner!
So Stew is now moaning.
That's it for today, I'm so tired.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Don't forget we get Matariki this year as well! 24th June :) But I agree, it's a long slog after that all the way to Labour weekend. Not for us of course as we are both retired now so one day is the same as the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 AM

    I read yesterday that there is a move to do away with Easter in NZ because most people don't identify with being Christian - so on the next census (whenever it is!) if you want to keep Easter as a four day holiday weekend everyone who isn't any other religion should put Christian down. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:02 AM

      Where did you hear this? It kind of sounds like scaremongering and a way to falsely inflate the numbers of those who identify as Christian. I doubt the push to get people to identify it as their religion in the census is about keeping the public holiday.

      Delete
    2. Like Anon ... where did you read that Audrey? I do not for one second believe our government would abolish Easter, the very idea is ludicrous.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous1:59 PM

      There has actually been quite a few articles about ‘moving away from Easter’ which seek to emphasise declining numbers of identifying christians while overlooking the foundational role Christianity has played in the formation and development of the country. I have yet to see the Govt commenting on it though. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-front-page-is-it-time-to-cancel-easter-in-new-zealand/RNKBG3IDIQYRH4W6IQX7NEPW34/
      Emily

      Delete
    4. Anonymous3:40 PM

      In that case,they better get rid of Christmas too. Wish they would, it's nothing but a pain in the arse

      Delete
    5. Anonymous4:41 PM

      I never suggested they get rid of either Easter or Christmas festivals - the article was only about public holidays. Christmas is only a "pain in the arse" to people who treat it as anything but a Christian festival and overdo the trappings. Audrey

      Delete
  3. Oh Dear. No hammers. My laptop crashed last night shortly after midnight. So... I used the word CRASH as my starter word in WORDLE. Solved it in a rare 3. Do you use a certain word each day or whatever pops into your mind at the time? I almost alwways use a new word each day. Mostly having to do with my plans or whatever is on my mind. Crash, drive, visit nurse (because doctor is 6 letters) water (because a friend sent a pic by a waterfall. ... etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    If my reply didn't get through - the answer is the front page of the Herald. Luxton has already suggested getting rid of one other public holiday now that we have Matariki. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. No more comments pertaining to Easter/Public Holidays and that line of discussion will be published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loo cleaner is about $2.95 a bottle. So I have estimated that you bought approx 101 bottles of loo cleaner - AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.