Saturday, April 09, 2022

WOODEN SURROUNDS

 Ahhh, Saturday.

Sleep in.

Then?

Get my sewing 'garage' back to how it should be.  It's a right mess right now.

Then I'd like Stew to help me finish making the wooden surround for out the front.

Probably only going to do one now... and put stones and pots in the smaller area.  Ideas change literally every day!

I want to show you the finished driveway, BUT not until everything is back where it belongs, like the carport/pots/plants etc.

So, that's something to look forward to.  Getting it all looking lovely.

What else?  Hmmmm, dunno.

There's always housework.  Stew is on dinner duty tonight, so I don't have to even think about it.

So yeah...  catch ya later.


11.35 am: Stew got up this morning and told me he was going to this, that and the other thing... all the while knowing I fully expected him to help sort out my sewing garage.  The shit.
He loves winding me up, he even suggested I find a knife to stab him 16 times in the chest!

Anyway, he was just winding me up.

ABOVE: He moved all those cabinets and boxes back, and now I have a lovely view from my sewing table.

ABOVE:  This is the view from outside.  I made it pretty.

ABOVE:  Finally found a place to hang these threads.  Now it's all set up.

Steve, Bex and the boys are here.... they brought lunch for all of us.  Franks on Buns.  I'm already starving, so bring it on.

5.55 pm:  Well Stew and I have had a busy afternoon. 
We went down to Mitre 10 for small rocks and pailings for the fence.

ABOVE:  So, now the hole in the fence is fixed.  No more climbing through a gap.

ABOVE:  Stew built the two side panels for the Air con Wooden Surround.
I sat and 'supervised', and told him how I wanted each piece to look.
We finally finished it and put it in place at about 5.30 pm.
We are now both a bit knackered.
It was a very hot afternoon, which made it quite hard work.

Stew is now happily ensconced in front of the telly watching rugby.

Shame he is on dinner duty!  But, it won't take much to cook it, he's already got the pork slices marinating, the salad is made, and chucking a couple of spuds in the microwave won't take long.

Sorry Robyn and anyone else wanting to see the finished driveway.  Maybe tomorrow!

9.54 pm:  Well Stew excelled himself this evening with dinner.  His pork strips were amazing, and he did mini roast potatoes in the oven to go with a lettuce salad.
Delicious.

Now... off to bed soon.  Tired as.

6 comments:

  1. Stew wanna shoot down here cook my tea too.
    Looking forward to see drive finished, glad u happy with it gosh its been a nightmare for ya all.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With cooking now I am doing 3 meals in 3 different oven oven bags in crockpot twice a week soup and toasted sandwiches one night or takeaways and dinner at my friends.
    CAN’T WAIT to see the driveway pictures .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where the heck are the pictures of the driveway woman 🙄🙄 quiet day here Birthday Party tomorrow afternoon give me strength for work on Monday 🤣💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well if you up early I may get to seethe driveway in person 😁…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends what you call 'early'! And do you have our address? Text or PM me.

      Delete
  5. Kiwionholidays8:23 PM

    Busy day here too, Nice to get through bits n bobs and then rest n relaxation,,,,,
    Go the Chiefs lol
    💯
    🥂 Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.