Wednesday, June 19, 2019

EXTRA SHIFT TODAY

Usually today I only have one morning shift at the Rest Home... but I'm covering a person's leave this afternoon, so am doing a double shift.
That means I will only be home for lunch time, and then not till dinner time.

Bit of a bummer as I'm really enjoying working on the new runner.

Here's another peek at it...

ABOVE:  It's going to depict 'Holiday Time'... so I'm hoping people might like it on their tables in summer?  (bear in mind it's in no way finished).

I think I will do a few placemats with just vehicles too... cos they are cool.  Well, I think so anyway.


ABOVE: Do you have this 'problem' in your house?
Stew buys bananas for Brylee, cos she says she wants them.
Then she doesn't eat them... so we end up with bananas that are 1, 2 and 3 weeks old!

And because we don't make banana cakes or muffins cos they ain't in our 'diet'... we end up throwing them out.

So yesterday I told Stew to STOP buying bananas.  If Brylee wants bananas from now on, she can buy her own, one at a time if necessary.

Problem solved.

It's going to be 4 days before I can get back into the sewing room *sigh*.  The next three days I have double shifts every day.  Better get up and get started on today then.

ONWARD...

Just remembered:  Stew is coming home early this afternoon so he can go and pick up the new clothes dryer from the local Noel Leemings shop.  Awesome, we have so much washing all over the place trying to dry.

2.30 pm:  home for lunch.  Stew took some time off at lunchtime too... to get the dryer.


ABOVE: For now it can just sit there.  Tonight I will read the instruction book and give it a go.
We will have plenty of linen/towels etc to air in it first up.

I'm starting to feel a bit sick.  NERVES.  I've got the dentist tomorrow morning before work.
Bet I don't get any sleep tonight!

Impossible to 'try and take my mind off it' too.  

5.55 pm:  Home from work, feeling knackered.
Got a super sore right arm from all the scrubbing and washing folding today I must say.
Thank goodness tomorrow is a 'lighter' day in relation to work.  

OMG every time I think of tomorrow my belly churns and I feel instantly sick.  Grrrrr, I wish I wasn't such a sook.

I know it won't be nearly as 'bad' as I think, but this time I'm NOT having IV sedation (trying to save money)... so this will be the first time I'm to have dental work without it (as an adult).

Here's hoping I don't throw up!  Time will tell eh?

I've just cooked some sausages for dinner, and Stew is going to get some chips from down the road.  I'm too tired and lazy to do a 'proper' dinner.  

Watching Coronation Street, then going to bed.  Not to sleep of course, I will no doubt toss and turn all night long.
Oh yaaa.

11 comments:

  1. New runner is very groovy! Have a super duper day at work 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy bananas one or two at a time! Also I make low carb banana muffins - really easy and they totally won't affect your blood sugar. I just use almond flour and the Naturals sugar substitute. Sometimes I put a few chopped dates in or chocolate chips - the boys love them too! I love the vehicle runner - very NZ summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the runner! I will put the bananas in the freezer if I remember before they get too bad. I keep buying them to make smoothies but I don't want to wake up the kids in the morning with the blender :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy a smaller bunch and wrap plastic (if they come in a plastic bag) or foil around the stalk. That helps keep them a bit longer I found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same problem. Sometimes I think it’s deliberate, so I’ll make this! Pretty healthy as banan bread goes, and really good!

    Banana & Nut Chia Loaf
    3 bananas
    4 eggs
    3 Medjool dates
    ¼ c chopped almonds (replace with pepitas for nut free)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    ¼ c coconut flour
    2 tablespoons chia seeds
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    pinch salt


    1. Place bananas, eggs, dates, cinnamon & almonds in food processor and blend until smooth.
    2. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into lined loaf pan.
    3. Let sit for 10mins to allow coconut flour & chia seeds to swell.
    4. Sprinkle with some additional chopped almonds.
    5. Bake at 170 degrees C for 45 mins or until loaf set and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
    Servings/Yield: 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a root canal yesterday, 2nd appointment in two weeks and then another big one in a month or so. I did think of you while driving to my appointment - I was pretty nervous. Needn't have been, the guy I went to was AMAZING. So gentle and caring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new runner. Our over ripe bananas go in the freezer for smoothies. That banana loaf recipe anove sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table runner and can visualize the finished product,,

    Hope they are a good seller .. Drier looks a good one too..

    happy days ahead.

    Yes Like Julie H we cut them up and freeze in ziplocks and use for smoothies

    All the best for tomorrow ,,

    sounds like you have a compassionate dentist thats half the battle

    so please try not to worry (I know its easier said than done) but toothache also makes you feel bad so this will be gr8 relief

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mash up 1/2 a banana & whisk it with 1 egg. Cook as a pancake in a non stick pan & serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your dental work!
    My daughter makes great banana cake with days old bananas. You'll have to make a cake and take it to work

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you really NEED the IV - just do it! Maybe laughing gas, or a sedative pill can work if offered. I have used both with success. But I KNOW that you need to do whatever makes you comfortable so you are not afraid to go back. I also know that natural teeth (even with some problems) are better than dentures. So do whatever it takes to be comfortable and keep those teeth! Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.