Friday, July 21, 2017

NEW LOUNGE SUITE

Sometime today our new lounge suite is arriving.  I can't wait to see it, get it in position and hopefully, like it!

You never know how something is really going to look in your home, until it's there.

Things look totally different in a big, open shop eh?

I'm just hoping the new suite makes our family room look less cluttered and dark.  

I will, of course, show you once it's in position.


ABOVE: Stew looking ever so uncomfortable last night!  Lucky it was only one night like that.  My dining chair was bloody horrible after a couple of hours, so Griffin gave me his lovely purple-blue chair.


ABOVE:  The mop clearly needs a trim!  I can't remember the last time I actually got it cut... but I think it was in Auckland, before we moved.  WHOOPS!  It's certainly looking a bit ragged on the ends.

Time for a big chop ... I'm thinking of taking quite a bit off... how much do ya reckon I should take off?  I'm so tempted to go for '3'!  Bare minimum is '1' though, cos it really needs a good cut.

Right, I'm off to vacum the family room, get it ready for the new furniture.  Exciting!

ONWARD...

Two whole hours EARLIER than expected... our lounge suite arrived:


ABOVE:  And we were SO LUCKY it wasn't pissing down with rain! 

And now for the 'Before and After' photos!... 



ABOVE:  Well?  What do ya think?
I have to say, it's a lot lighter in colour than I remember ordering, but I know it's right.
Coco is going to have to learn to sit ON THE FLOOR!

It's sublimely comfortable... well the single seats are, the double couch is small and quite firm.  But as I won't be sitting on it... *laughing*, not my problem!

It certainly lightens up the room, and they are so easy to move compared to the heavy leather suite.

I'm very happy.  I shall probably spend most of today just looking at it!  *smiles*

I might move the two seater to in front of the window... see how that looks... the recliners are quite tall and are blocking the window quite a bit.  


 ABOVE:  Sorted!  Looks much better like that. 
Keera has tried out a new recliner, but has opted for the floor.  She likes to be right in front of the TV.  

Right, I better get on with something constructive... like finding something to put on the back of that 2 seater or it will fade in the sun.

Well, I took the really lovely colourful throw from the lounge and put it on the back of the two seater, so that's sorted now.

Then we had lunch and I popped into town to do a couple of things.  

The afternoon is dragging and I don't really feel like doing much at all.  So I'm not.

Dinner tonight is going to be a 'silly bugger' one... so no prep involved.  Something out of a tin, some eggs, burger patties or something similar.  No hassle.

Getting cold again... you certainly notice once it gets dark!  Dinner was good... everyone like it.
Chicken steaks, Baked Beans and Spagetti, Hash Browns, Red Onions, Fried Eggs and cheese on top.  

Time to wind down for the evening with me blankie on.  Cos my feet are COLD!

`

16 comments:

  1. Get 3" I reckon. It's hair....it'll grow back if you don't like it but I think you'll love it. Can't wait to see the lounge suite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Morning tribe x #jailbird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for number 3! I think it would look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 3 for sure lounge suite is fabulous makes a big difference. Your back photo I can see a noticeable difference in your shape....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new suite, it looks great and you are right (of course) it lightens the room so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Sorry but I have to be different lol I like the old suite better :) xx #jailbird

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:41 PM

    I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep
    up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog
    like this one these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Love the new suite, has certainly opened the room right up! Light & airy! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Room looks lighter, brighter and bigger! And could put some coloured throw rugs on them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:08 PM

    We stumbled over here by a different page and thought I may as well check
    things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you.

    Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brave colour but it looks super comfy and perfect in that space. Good luck with keeping Coco off it!! Catch up soon chic, it has been too long. Did you cut your hair, tell me no!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Hi

    The couches look really good..very fresh looking..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!! Much better with the couch under the window.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love it! That makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your new furniture. Keep warm and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I really need to get some new furniture!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.