Tuesday, July 18, 2017

POLAR FLEECE, AND WALKING

Well... I got the polar fleece quilt out of the dryer last night and saw this:


 ABOVE:  Masses of threads all over the place!  OMG... It took me over an hour to snip them all off.  
But then I was left with this:


 ABOVE:   I think it's come out how it's supposed to?  I quite like it now!  


ABOVE:  This is the reverse side, pretty too.

Today I have a walk this morning at 9 am, and I am doing another one tonight too!
I check our Fat Bottomed Girls Facebook page several times a day, and saw that one of the walks I've missed is on tonight, so I have to go!

Who knows when it will come up again.  AND it's at a slow pace, perfect for my level of fitness right now.

All the walks have a pace stated, and I certainly prefer SLOW to MODERATE right now.    And luckily our organiser has now arranged more SLOW walks for us who are not as fit as the majority of walkers in the group. 

So, after this morning's walk I am taking my car down for it's Warrant of Fitness check up.  Fingers crossed it passes... I can't afford any big repairs right now!  

Then home to blob out for a while ... have to rest up for tonight's walk too!


Just musings,
nothing riveting.

ONWARD...

10.40 am:  And another Section bites the dust.  We were a big group today, lots of ladies, a few kids and kids on bikes, and a few dogs too.
Lovely company.  Today's walk took exactly an hour. 
Tonight's should be similar, maybe slightly longer.

Right, off to see if my car passes it's Warrant of Fitness. Wish us luck. 🚙

After sitting in a queue for about an hour, I finally DIDN'T get a warrant of Fitness.
I needed a new tyre.  So I went and got one, then sat in the bloody queue for another half and hour waiting for the re-check.

Done and dusted, took all up, 2 hours.

Home.  Lunch.  Now?  I'm having a nap!  I'm tired and want to rest up before tonight's walk.

9.03 pm:  after a quiet afternoon, punctuated by a little lie down (no nap)... I headed out for my 2nd walk of the day.
Which was a good one... nice steady pace, we were done and dusted in just over an hour.
Nice company too... caught up with the lady who got me started in  this group, which was nice.  Also had a yak with a young mum who has a child in the class Keera has been visiting at school... so we will be catching up at school too.  *smiles*

So, so happy I'm getting out there and meeting other locals. 

Winding down, and cooling down.  Time to chill out for the rest of the evening.


10 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the walking. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so as you are building more muscles with all the walking you may not see weight loss until it all evens out. As the ladies said the other night your shape has changed so it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you with respect to this walking group - I LOVE the concept of you having a group you can get out and do these walks with. I think it is one of the blessings of living in a smaller town. With respect to your musings, forget it, Think about positive things... how pretty and organised your sewing space is, how much you and Stew love each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    At 35° outside tomorrow in central France I have decided that I definitely will NOT be doing my usual Tuesday group walk of 9 km. Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your walks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO pretty! I met up with some people to mostly walk and run a bit. The 2 people that showed up were like bean poles and one was an avid runner. I was hoping for some chunky gals lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both sides of polar fleece blanket. Si pleased you have been able to find more waka and enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt. You have so much talent. Great job on the walking. Inspiring. Maybe I'll start walking more.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so bloody impressed with all the walks you have been doing, especially in winter. I keep putting off the idea of walks until spring, I just can't handle the cold weather right now...

    You must be feeling great! :)

    Clarissa (Tully)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt...have you considered cutting the fringe bits? Helps to make a more raggy look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Haaaa! That's what I forgot to do! Wonder if it's worth doing now?

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.