Wednesday, July 19, 2017

THE DREADED HILL

Today's walk.... is one I have been dreading.  I still am!

It's got a very steep hill right at the start of it.


ABOVE: this is at the bottom of the hill.  It doesn't LOOK steep from here eh?


edit -  ABOVE: I took this photo this morning as we started the walk... a lady told me trucks had been known to 'die' on this hill! 

It is... REALLY STEEP.  But one consolation is that it's not too long, only 300 meters or so.
And it has this really solid retaining wall with big upright posts on the worst, steepest part, so if I need to, I can haul myself up by grabbing hold of the posts!

LOL.. it might not be a good look... but I don't care!  I'm going to conquer that friggin hill!

Once I've done the walk I will head home and make the teenagers get out of bed before midday!
I'm sure I can find something to do with the rest of the day, just not sure what yet.

So, until later... think of me crawling, dragging myself up a hill!  *smiles*

ONWARD...


 ABOVE:  'Jumping for joy'... I DID IT!  I got up the bloody hill!  No one had to drag me or push me... I did it all on my own.

For the first half my butt and the back of my thighs were screaming, then the 2nd half my breathing was the problem.  I had to stop half way for a breather, but not for long, maybe 10 seconds, then my walking buddies egged me on and I got to the top elated!

It was not any where as bad as I thought it would be... so thrilled.  I feel like I could do it again!  
But maybe not in the next day or two.  lol


ABOVE:  I don't know who took this photo, but well... there I am walking this morning.  Yep, Fat Bottom.. but shrinking!

I've now lost 4 inches off my butt!  

Now I'm home and about to have a shower and so on.  The kids are up (shock!)...

DOGSTARS:  I don't know who decided on the group's name as there are NOT that many girls with really big, Fat Bottoms!  Mine is probably one of the biggest... so I am in no danger of being kicked out!  lol

*Fat Bottomed Girls, Urban Challenge* ... click on 'Fat Bottomed.... ' this is the link to the article in our local paper about The Fat bottomed Girls Urban Challenge.  I hope it works.  Front page AND page 5.

It's the end of the day... Watching a double episode of Master Chef... Sarah didn't win the immunity challenge.  Sad.

Signing off for the day.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Good luck with that hill :) you'll be sweet x #jailbird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!! Well done, every time your muscles ache from that walk just remember how bloody incredible you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooohooooo....well done you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lost 4 inches off your butt? That's AWESOME. I hope they will still let you hang with the Fat Bottom Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!.... you are inspiring me! I am just back from the Doc and was told my cholesterol is up --- Again. It's only "moderately" high, but I really must do something now or else I'll be on medication with all the side effects involved. No! No way! Must. Do. Something. Now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proud of you Chris you are rocking this walki girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Well done on the hill!!! Fab effort :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!! I really admire your tenacity - when you do something, you really get into it! Wish we had a group like that where I live..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has the article about your FBG group been in your local paper yet? Make sure you link it so we can all read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous effort and I can definately see a difference in your shape. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.