Sunday, May 14, 2017

PARTY TIME

A VERY HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY
TO MY MUM

AND 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TOO!

I hope all Mothers have a wonderful day today.

We are up early today, as we have to pack the cars and get over to Tauranga, and set up the hall for the party.

I am sure everything will come together and we will all have a lovely day, even though I have some qualms about some aspects of the day.

Like having to give a speech.  I'm not shy, but still... it's a bit nerve wracking trying to think of what to say without getting too emotional and bawling!  Maybe I will leave the 'hard' bit to Stew.  (mentioning people who have passed away/couldn't make it to the party and so on).

I was still making changes to the photo boards right up until last night!  I will be so glad once they are displayed, and then PUT AWAY!

So... that's it for now... well till quite late tonight no doubt!  We will be busy all day, enjoying catching up with masses of family and friends.  Quite exciting!  

ONWARD...

6.30 pm:  We have had the MOST EXCELLENT DAY!  The party went off without a hitch.
My Mum had a wonderful time.  It was so neat.
I think everyone invited came, bar just a few.

So, here's just a few photos for now, I will get more on tomorrow.


 THE CAKE, sitting on the tablecloth that was embroidered by my Mum's Mum, so by my maternal Grandmother.
I was thrilled to bits with how the cake looked, so was my Mum.

 ABOVE:  About to cut her cake.  The cow is a nod to what her and her 4 sisters were called when they were little: 'Brown's cows'... their surname was Brown, and they lived on a diary farm.  
ABOVE:  Doesn't she look happy!  
I know she won't forget this birthday in a hurry.

I'm going to bed!  Stew's already out to it.  Freakin' tiring day I can tell you.
But so worth it!

20 comments:

  1. Have an awesome day. You have worked incredibily hard on this party so time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous day. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:08 AM

    Have a great Mothers Day yourself. It is a wonderful thing that you are doing. What did you do for catering? Michelle from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful day, after you all you hard work hope you get time to really enjoy it x

    Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Mum! I hope that you all have a fabulous day celebrating such a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday happy Mother's Day enjoy the party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Chris's Mum hope you had a great day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW the cake is fantastic! It looks like your Mum is very very happy. Well done Chris. Can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Chris. Your mum looks like she is having a wonderful time. What a great cake, the maker has nailed it for sure. Time to relax now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cake matches the table cloth so well. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 80th to your mum and happy Mother's Day to you an awesome day looks and sounds like it the CAKE. Amazing. Well done you for all your planning

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cake is giving me LIFE!!! You mum looks soooooo happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love that cake!!!! What a great idea doing that. I'm glad you all had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cake looks awesome & matches the cloth brilliantly. I am so glad it all went well and your Mum loooks so happy ❤️πŸ˜€πŸŽπŸŽˆ

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an amazing cake! I can't believe how well it matches and how new your cloth looks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Hi

    Looks like a fun day, great pics the cake is fantastic. Your mother looks younger than 80. Thank you for the kind thoughts for my mother, she was still sprightly at 80 and even 92 like your mother.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how happy she looks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Mom looks gorgeous! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.