Friday, May 19, 2017

OVERTHINKING

I have too much time on my hands ... cos I spend far too much time over thinking things. 



BIG PENNY DROP MOMENT YESTERDAY!
I HAVE BEEN THE ONLY PERSON TRYING
TO MAINTAIN CONTACT!
edit:  TRY DENYING THAT!



I AM, AND I WILL,
AND I WON'T APOLOGISE FOR ANYTHING
EVER AGAIN.


I actually feel like a bloody fool!  I've wasted so much time and emotion on TRYING!  For what?  People who clearly don't care. 

And I will stop thinking and 'blaming' myself for shit that is NOT MY FUCKING FAULT.  Fuck you who have tried to make me feel like it is. 
I'm actually fucking pissed off about the past few years and how 'they' have made me feel.  Over it.  Fucking over it. 

It's Friday, and I have no plans for the day.  It's supposed to be shit weather, so a walk or bike ride isn't on the cards.
So... maybe I will sew!  Yeah, that's not a bad idea.

ONWARD...

And wow, the day is actually lovely!  It still might rain, but while it's so nice I'm going to head out for either a walk or bike ride.

Once I make me bed and get the washing on...



RESULT! ....


ABOVE:  Amanda going through her photos.  I have sorted out photos for each of my kids to have, rather than them waiting till I'm dead!
It sure lightened my load of stored photos.


ABOVE:  Look who invited themselves out for lunch!  AND they bought lunch for me too.

Liam is at morning kindy now, so he got to come out too.  

Now I've gotta fly and pick up the kids from school/kindy.... back later!

I've got a bit of a headache.  Annoying... I better take a pill cos Stew and I are going out this evening to one of his work colleague's engagement party.  Let's call it a DATE shall we?  lol

11.52 pm:  Just back from the engagement party.  I had fully expected to be bored shitless, as I knew no one going to this party.  I almost stayed home in fact.  I'm so glad I didn't!

It was a fairly modest party, just a dozen or so guests, and it was really lovely.  The engaged couple were just the most lovely guys, and we had so many laughs with them all!

Many of the guests were lawyers... but OMG not the stuffy, snotty sort of lawyers!  They were all so down to earth and funny.  And so friendly.  Stew and I got on with everyone like a house on fire.  

So, instead of staying an hour or two then quietly leaving, we stayed much longer than anticipated.

Luckily, Keera was well behaved for Brylee and we didn't have to worry about her at all.

Almost bedtime, catch ya tomorrow.


13 comments:

  1. Do something that makes you feel great and stops you thinking about those who drain the vibes Chris. You don't need to keep trying because they are selfish and it's all one-sided. I know it's hard because you are like me and we love them no matter what. You're. An amazing woman, wife, mother and grandmother not to mention your many, many talents. I appreciate you very much. Just wished we lived closer. Geez you could come to my big 60 if you did lol. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs. You are amazing. I admire and respect you. Wish we could be friends in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very awesome chat and catch up too! Much better than a written novel, ya cant hug those! <3 <3 Love you Mum XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and your face looking at some of those photos! Very funny.

      Delete
    2. Holy smokes that yellow bikini and slippers! Ahaha.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Hi
    Amanda is a lovely looking girl very pretty...and little Liam is adorable..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peta :-) and yip, Liam is our gorgeous little blondey <3

      Delete
  5. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ... Eleanor Roosevelt

    I love that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:06 AM

    Why do you have to guilt trip your own children into coming to see you by having a whinge about it on your blog KNOWING full well they read it.You are a toxic parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you find someone else to target, actually, no why don't you find something positive to do instead of being so judgemental and critical of Chris, you don't know her or her history. Why are you so mean spirited, I just don't understand people like you, try spreading some happiness it will make you feel happier.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:23 AM

    So glad you had a good time at the party. It changes perspective on a number of things doesn't it, when you have a good time with other people.

    I support your view 100% that if family/friends can't be bothered to maintain contact, then it's time to move on. It's sad but also unhealthy if we expect any more than people are willing to give. It's their loss!! My daughter has been and continues to be a problem member of the family. She's beautiful to look at and fun company for the first hour but after that, she becomes tiring and hard work. Every family member says the same. Her father had major surgery last week and I texted her and told her that her dad was going in for open heart surgery. She didn't even bother to contact us. That was now 10 days ago and still no word. Too busy smoking pot. After this, I don't feel one iota of guilt, sadness or anything else that this 30 year old woman is no longer in our lives. I'm moving on with a smile on my face to enjoy what's left of life. I have 3 other kids who are with us 100%. Good luck Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once we stopped visiting hubby's sisters we didn't see them again and it became our fault that there was no contact. That was reinforced when one lived less than an hour away and she made no contact and once again when his mother died, there was no contact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Your amazing person and have a huge heart and love for your family do not let anyone ever tell you any different!

    JUST HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH AND KEEP GOING!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.