Wednesday, May 10, 2017

DREADED DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

Sooooo..... today Stew and I have to go and see our Doctor.
We both got abysmal test results, and she's called us in to discuss them.

Yikes.  Bet we are going to get a right telling off.
I know we haven't been particularly good of late, but it's never too late to turn it around.  We just BOTH have to work together to help each other stay on course.

But... let's see what the Doctor has to say I suppose.

Before our appointment, I shall be working on the captions for the photo boards all morning.

Some of them don't require too many captions, so I'm hoping to get them done by the end of the day. OMG I never want to do another photo board in my life!

I will leave you with these cute photos taken of Keera yesterday afternoon.  I went into the lounge to check on her... and couldn't immediately find her, then I twigged:



ABOVE:  She was IN the ottoman!  Her new 'tent'.  Very cute... we encouraged Coco to join her and she did.  She seemed to like it in there too.

ONWARD...


3.5 hours later... and all the captions are on the photo boards.  I'm  done with them.  Seriously, I can't believe how much work they were.

I'm now about to head off and pick up Keera from Kindy, before meeting Stew at the Doctors for our ... grilling?   *smiles*

I've been on my feet ALL MORNING and my FitBit says I've only done 1,500 steps!  I suppose standing sticking captions on doesn't count then?  Oh well... stuff you FITBIT!

2.00 pm:  Our doctor is too nice!  She didn't tell us off at all.  She only suggested we get our diet under control... but not DIET... just eat more salads and fruit and less amounts of carbs/sugars.  All stuff we knew anyway.

Stew and I are going to make a concentrated effort to change some of the bad habits that have crept back in, and do better.

In three months we will see if we have turned it around.  If we are both on the same page, it can be done.

My feeling ill and exhausted all the time is down to the diabetes she assures me.  When I get my numbers down again, I should start to feel much better.

Now... I'm having a salad for lunch, then I shall be hanging out some washing and doing a couple of other little odd jobs around the house.

Odd jobs done.  Dinner sorted.  Kinda cooked two dinners, one for the kids and one for Stew and I. 
Chances are I will be doing that for the foreseeable future.  NO CARBS, or very low carbs from now on.
And certainly no sugars.

Quiet evening... kids are doing their own things, Stew and I are watching some TV.
Normal night then.  *smiles*

15 comments:

  1. She is such a happy wee girl! Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:00 PM

      Hay Bee :) yea she is xx Jail Bird x

      Delete
  2. Good Luck at the Dr, it might not be as bad as you think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keera certainly looks happy and what a neat little hide out. If once all the party stuff is done you and Stew will knuckle down have you watched the sugar film? It is truly insightful and shocks a response..... There is the eat for your blood group diet... Maybe weight watchers isn't for you anymore and something new is needed to kickstart things along again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how many different sorts of diets are 'out there' right? As I said to the Doctor, we are suffering from 'diet fatigue'. Over it. We are just going to do what feels right and hope for the best. I only go to Weight Watchers for the SUPPORT, nothing else.

      Delete
    2. Some diets have better results than others, esp for people who have T2.
      Why don't you change a few meals to low carb and see if that helps?

      Delete
    3. That's what we are going to do... cut down on carbs and sugars drastically. Should work.

      Delete
  4. Interesting your comment about diet fatigue. That is exactly how I felt six years ago when I went low carb. It was like a light bulb went off and I could stop dieting! Since then I eat as much as I want but always low carb (well mostly...) and have never "dieted" since. I don't count calories or points - just eliminate or minimise certain foods. I make yummy substitutes for those times I need a sweet treat or dessert or bread. Six years on and Stu and I are still going strong. I agree that going to WW might be good just for the weighing in factor but if you get into low carb eating it won't be long before you just don't need that. Once insulin stops spiking, you hunger will diminish. Your doctor sounds really nice - so good to have a doctor you like and trust!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dr obviously realises that "telling you off" does not really work for most adults. You know what you have to do, you are not stupid, it is just a matter of making the changes. Don't go mad & go all out at once, just start making small changes a couple at a time. You & Stew can do this, the kids will benefit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Keera is such a cutie! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do not need to cook 2 dinners, there is no reason the kids cannot eat the same as you, if you try cooking separate meals you will drive yourself nuts. If they don't like what is on offer they can get their own - that is the rule around here and works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. High blood sugar affects every aspect of your being. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Those kids and grandkids need you and Stew around for a long time and then EVENTUALLY it will just be the two of you :) So you need to be in good health to enjoy that time when it comes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best to the both of you. I'm sure with each other's support you can improve your health. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fort! I'm glad the Dr was nice, I know so many people that don't go to the Dr because they don't want to be told negative things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck at the doctors! I hope it's not as bad as you make it sound.
    I love the tent! I used to make tents too when I was little, out of chairs and blankets.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.