Monday, April 08, 2024

WARDROBE DAY

 


The plan for today is to first up, go for a walk around the lake with Lacy.

Fingers crossed that happens, cos I've not done a decent walk since Wednesday last week!

Once our walk is finished, I'm coming home to do the seasonal wardrobe shuffle.

That means, put most of the summer clothes in the wardrobe, and put the winter clothes on the racks in the 'changing room'.  

The 'changing room' is just the small bedroom closest to our bedroom, which I commandeered as my 'really big wardrobe room'.   I love it!

We are so lucky that this house suits us so well.   This is probably the first home we have owned where I've not wished the layout was different.  YES, we've stripped wallpaper, painted every room, ripped up and replaced all the flooring, renovated bathrooms etc, but the basic layout is perfect for us.

Very thankful.

I think part of today will be spent making sure Stew and I have everything we need for tomorrow.

Stew has to take an overnight bag to hospital.  He's expected to only be in for a couple of days.

I will be staying in the hospital during his operation, and afterwards, until they kick me out!

So I'll need a day bag with food/drink/phone etc.  

I'm trying not to feel anxious about his operation... but I can't help feeling that way.  I love him and don't want anything to go wrong.

Last time he had a hernia operation things went pear shaped for a while.  He got a bad infection  and ended up back in hospital for a week.

This time I'm going to make sure he takes it easy and rests like he's supposed to.

YOU HEAR THAT STEWIE?  I'll be watching you. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

Alright, it's time I got moving.  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

It has been an unexpectedly busy morning!

Lacy and I did our walk, which was lovely.

Then I had to pop into my Dr's clinic to pick up a prescription... and sort out an issue with my account.  They tried charging me for my Shingles Vaccination ($365), so I had to get them to reverse that debt off my account.  Which they did thankfully.

Then I started walking back to Lacy's house, as she had gone home in my car, thinking I'd be hours at the Doctors.  Which COULD have happened, but didn't.

Then, Bex messages me and says she's at my house for a visit, luckily I was almost home.

So I had a lovely visit with Bex and Lily.  And now they have gone home and it's almost lunch time.  So I'll have some lunch now.

PHOTOS OF MY MORNING:





ABOVE: Crossing over the Whitiora Bridge on my way back to Lacy's from the Doctor's.

Looking down river. Fairfield Bridge in the distance.


ABOVE:  Looking up river towards the city centre.



ABOVE:  Bex, Lily and the ever present Marley.


ABOVE:  Lake walk stats.


ABOVE:  'Bonus' walk from the Doctors to about 2/3rds of the way to Lacy's home.

All up 5.66 km walked this morning.

So, a really nice morning... and now.  Lunch.

2.30 pm.... UPDATE ELSEWHERE.

ABOVE:  My wardrobe re-shuffle is done.  I certainly don't have as many winter clothes to wear.  But, never mind.  I'm not buying a single new item until I've lost my next 10 kilos.
And all going well that will be in about 5 months.

It's been a nice, quiet afternoon so far.  I did try for a Nana nap, but that didn't happen.

It's now 3.40 pm, and I' going to start putting things together for tomorrow.  Bags.  Toiletries for Stew and so on.  I never leave anything until the last minute.

SOME PEOPLE!   I HAVE A HEADACHE.

Well, we are ready for tomorrow.  Now we just have to hope for a good night's sleep.
Catch you tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Stew, we are ALL watching you! You will be rested and pampered, I am sure!
    Don't forget a phone charger! And maybe headphones if you want to watch shows while you wait. Both of your chargers!
    I am sure it will go smoothly this time around. My hubby had umbilical hernia surgery as an out patient. He went home as soon as he woke up. If Stew is in hospital for a couple of days, they will certainly be able to keep an eye on it and make sure there is no infection.
    Healing vibes coming at you! Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard not to stress, Chris but try, hard not too. All best to both of U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Your morning was so busy I had to go take a nap after reading all about it. Haha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marley sure loves "her" baby Lily! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute pic of you andLacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Yes, lovely pictures.....especially the one of adorable Lilly and dear little Marley peering up at Bex..Peta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Stew will be fine am sure, wishing you both a good sleep tonight GM πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays6:20 PM

    Hey some more fabulous pics n well done you n Lacy on the walk πŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    Pics of the wee treasure too n Bex n the fur baby so precious to have
    Will be thinking about you both tomorrow I’m sure all will go well n you’ll be back in to routine again. Soon πŸŒ΄πŸ’―πŸ₯πŸ‘
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marley like ummmmm hello the baby is crying! Lol
    Beautiful walk photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:24 AM

    Love that mother and daughter photo of you and Lacy. Lily is growing so fast, gorgeous girl. I will be thinking of Stew tomorrow. Sending healing thoughts across the waves to you both. Trish from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck to Stew on his surgery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.